I feel like I’m losing her

shemmyemmy23

I’ve known my best friend for about 18 years now. She’s been in a relationship for 4 years but I’ve only noticed a change for about 2 years now. We both live in different cities so don’t meet up often, but when we have it hasn’t been one on one. I even went on holiday with her for a week and her partner came out for the last 3 days so I had to 3rd wheel. The last year it has been me going to see her and even when we see each other, he’s always there. I’ve repeatedly told her that she should come to see me next and it should be a one on one thing and she always says she will, but she hasn’t got the money at the moment but plans holidays etc.

Now I have a boyfriend, she wants to do things as a couple all together and she’s absolutely obsessed with her partner. They’ve had issues this year and she doesn’t trust him, says she’s sometimes scared to leave him alone in case he cheats on her.

What do I do?

I agree with Wiseman. The reason I don't label anyone my "best friend" is that I know life is ever evolving, including friendships. If you're getting more frustrated than satisfied about the friendship, it's time to let it fade a bit. She was rude to invite her bf for part of your vacation, as I assume she didn't ask you if it was okay. I know how it is to have a friend who makes bad decisions when it comes to being with the wrong men. It's best to leave them with their dysfunction and begin seeking out other friends without drama.

Archived