Why Does Your Ex still keep pictures even though they blocked you?

Hello,sorry if im intruding im new here and i would humbly love to seek advice from anyone.

My situation is with my first love who is my ex girlfriend currently . i am still in love with her we haven't talked for 3 years since she dumped and blocked me on social media, facebook, instagram etc. but not on whatsapp. i did have severe depression on the start of the breakup tried to win her back find out why suddenly she decided to break up, but as usual, answers was never honestly given. she blocked me out of the blue one day and that just make things worse. i only texted her to wish on her birthday a few months after the breakup , did not get a reply until now and have not texted since then. We were really close i was high over heels for her, everything fell apart so fast...

Years gone by and i have been improving alot and be better for myself but i cant help to have thoughts that my ex would still keep pictures or memories of us on social media publicly even though she deleted many pictures on her social media but she still keeps those memories. I Know that she has another person in her life right now and maybe she really has forgotten about me and want nothing to do with me. i do hope we can talk one day maybe not now but in the future. for now im still in the stages of moving on

Its confusing why would you block someone and not contact them but do not delete any memories of that person? if the intention was removing the person out of your life for good?

my ex wife still has pics of us on her phone, laptop and facebook profile, according to her its precious memories unfortunately i don't share her vision and got rid of all the pics she is in...

3 years is a quite strenuous on you, could be you haven't dealt with what happened (sounds like a bad break up)... not saying this is applicable to each and every situation, but when a woman dumps you there is usually an OM waiting on the other side for her and since the answers weren't honest as you said, she could be having cheating on you before breaking it off with you.....

yes i do hope she comes back, the reason she gave was vague , she suddenly dont have feelings for me and she just wanted to end the break up conversation fast , up until now i havent dated anyone since just to focus on myself and not being in a rebound relationship i can say i was a bit traumatize until now because of the breakup

She did tell you why you broke up but it sounds like you were never listening to her throughout the relationship or the breakup if you have no clue. You need to start dating. Stop using work and this distant ex as an excuse to not address your real issues with anxiety, ruminating, etc. Get checked out by a doctor and get a referral to a therapist.

yes i do hope she comes back, the reason she gave was vague , she suddenly dont have feelings for me and she just wanted to end the break up conversation fast , up until now i havent dated anyone since just to focus on myself and not being in a rebound relationship i can say i was a bit traumatize until now because of the breakup

it is a bad breakup it was the most worst years of my life from that part, i have never been deeply inlove or dated anyone besides her, and she knows how i feel about her, i cant put aside that she may have another person during the breakup but still wouldnt answer why she still keeps those pictures even she got rid of me and been spring cleaning her social media pictures recently.

Yeah vague answers, loves you but not in love with you, ending it very quickly yeah I have been there.. sorry man but you gonna have to try to let go and move forward... you are going to be your own best friend and worst enemy at times....

Read up on letting go on the person you love, reconnect with old friends, try casual dating, do things you always wanted to do but couldn't say about 4 years go...

Are you looking for closure?

it is a bad breakup it was the most worst years of my life from that part, i have never been deeply inlove or dated anyone besides her, and she knows how i feel about her, i cant put aside that she may have another person during the breakup but still wouldnt answer why she still keeps those pictures even she got rid of me and been spring cleaning her social media pictures recently.

Think you dwelling on the fact she still has pics of you which is giving you false hope.... Please stay off social media until you are healed fully.....

There is nothing wrong with casual dating, just if you really like a person don't bring baggage into a new relationship.... I wont lie to to you I really miss my ex wife but times have changed and she is no longer included in my plans for the future and neither am I in hers...

Have to agree with BigBoss*

My exwife still has all the photos of our wedding and all the amazing trips and things we did together on her FB.

Our relationship meant a lot to both of us but she still chose to end it and is with someone else now....

It doesn't really mean anything in the context that you're hoping for, but just that they have fond memories of that time.

Sorry dude. 3 years is a long time to be feeling it but yes, this is what trauma bonding can do and l feel I'm on a similar path.

But I have given up all hope and slowly getting better each month that goes by.

Try and focus on your life now and make some plans around what you want to do going forward.

Carus*

I think once the pain has left and our wounds heal, it's kinda validating you know?

Kinda like 'Well at least I meant 'something' to that person...."

Although it did fan the flame of false hope for a while....

Ever Forward

Carus*

It's been 3 years... she isn't coming back.

She probably keeps the pictures because she enjoyed those memories of your time together. It certainly doesn't mean she wants you back. She has moved on, you need to do the same.

Archived