Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I ignore this or bring it up?

Do I ignore this or bring it up?

Happy new year everyone. I wanted to come on here again and ask for advice on something that happened last night with my sister and her husband. They have a one year old daughter together (I love her very much) well it was cold last night and babies need to be in jackets or at least covered up right? Well last night my niece was being fussy at dinner and my sisters husband said maybe she needed fresh air and that she might have been feeling hot inside so he took her outside in the cold without her jacket. As soon as he went outside we all told my sister to go out there and put her jacket on, so my sister did and she came back inside with the jacket and said that her husband said no that their daughter doesnít need it, that she is feeling hot inside and needed fresh air. My sister had this look on her face like if she was upset but of course she didnít say anything. Is this controlling? I understand that Dadís have a say and can do what they want with their baby but idk I feel like if your wife suggests something you should do it.. or am I wrong? My parents and I were just shocked at how it all went down. This isnít the first time heís taken her outside to get fresh air without a jacket.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    If it is a few minutes it is not a huge issue. It is like -20C or more? If it is like 0C a few mins is not a big deal.

It was about 40 degrees Fahrenheit and they were out there for about 5 minutes

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    No, not a big issue. That is not terribly cold at all .

Thatís not a big deal.

Dads should not listen to everything a mom says. They are BOTH parents and both have say.

Thanks!! My family overreacts when it comes to going out without a jacket

That is not cold and five minutes is perfectly fine . Maybe if it was an hour Iíd be a little excited or if it was like -20 or something . That was absolutely nothing .

What happened when they were back in the house, did she stop being fussy?

I am wondering what's truly troubling your sister, that he didn't do as she asked, or was she concerned about her daughter?

Five minutes in 40 degrees is not a huge deal, especially if it was very hot in the house.

Unfortunately, you'll have to keep quiet and just be a good listener for your sister if she brings it it. Other than that, be the best aunt you can be. How does the child react? Maybe give your sister/niece a nice blanket for outdoor breaks.

Even little kids can become overheated .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice