How do I stop being jealous over my boyfriends celebrity crushes?

unknown12

I don't usually view myself as a jealous person as I have never been jealous over things like this, but for some reason I have been getting really upset/jealous over my boyfriend's celebrity crushes. I never really cared about them until recently because i realised that all his celebrity crushes look similar and I look nothing like them. Another thing that bothered me was that he changed one of his backgrounds, which was of me to one of the celebrity crushes. When we first started dating he had a photo of a celebrity but I didn't really care, I think that I'm bothered because he changed it from a photo of me. I don't really want to talk about it with him because I don't want to come off as clingy and controlling because I'm not that type of person, but it has been making me insecure and upset.

How old is he? This sounds like immaturity. Is this on social media? How is the rest of the relationship?

I think that I'm bothered because he changed it from a photo of me. I don't really want to talk about it with him because I don't want to come off as clingy and controlling because I'm not that type of person, but it has been making me insecure and upset.

How old is he? I remember being 10 or 11 and having a crush on this guy in a boy band back in the day lol (even bought posters too, and maybe a t-shirt!), but I outgrew it pretty quickly.

I find it unusual that at his age (which I know is much older than my 10 & 11 year old phase), he would still be focused on having/posting pics of celebrity crushes.

Personally I think it's much ado about nothing. Immaturity. He'll eventually outgrow it. Put a picture of a celebrity on your background too, lol. But seriously, I don't think it's any different to having a picture of a car, or a pet, or a flower etc, but that's just me. I don't sweat the small stuff.

My husband had a photo of his favorite race car driver pinned on the wall of his cubicle at work. He had no pictures of me or our kids. I wasn't jealous lol. He admired the guy.

Do you think for some reason it means your boyfriend doesn't love you or find you attractive?

He's 20 years old lol, the rest of the relationship is fine, we rarely fight, but when we do we make up really quick. I guess it is on social media ahaha idk? He has changed his home screen background to a photo of the girl

Ok, so what bothers you is the fact that he changed the picture from you to this celebrity crush, so therefore you're taking it more personally.

If it's bothering you this much, and you don't think it's something you can get over, just speak with him about it and see how he responds.

You can start the conversation off light by saying something like, "So, I noticed you replaced my picture with ___________. You trying to tell me something?" *Smile*, and then take it from there.

Archived