Dating in the 80's: Video Montage (For Anyone Needing a Smile/Laugh)

milly007

Someone posted this to Facebook today, and I couldn't help but share. Wasn't around in the 80's to be dating, but man have things changed:

And then Ellen had a few of the guys from the 80's video montage on her show:

Thought that this was so funny. Hopefully someone else gets a laugh out of this as well today.

Happy New Year to all you wonderful ENA folk! :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While that video is hilarious, one of my good friends met her husband through video dating in the 80's!

You'd have to go to this office and view videos, and they'd release your phone numbers to each other once you consented.

Here's how different things were:

--He picked her up at her house for the 1st meet

--It was a Friday night, and he took her to a nice dinner, and they both had dressed up

--He drove her back home, walked her to her door, and hugged goodnight (no kiss).

--He called the next day to ask her out again.

They are now married 20+ years, and it's actually one of the marriages/relationships I look to in life. They are literally the happiest married couple I know, and they still have Friday night Date Nights, as their first date was on a Friday night. They even got married on a Friday night. They consider it their lucky day of the week.

It’s always great to hear about positive relationship stories. I don’t doubt it worked for some.

What some of these guys say though cracked me up: ‘I’m an executive by day, wild man by night’.

Who knows what type of videos will be released 40-50 years from now regarding current dating trends.

I can only imagine!

I mean, today’s OLD’ing/dating apps are the equivalent of these dating videos used back in the 80’s

Another friend of mine tried the video dating too. She used to call it "The Boyfriend Store". LOL!! She never met her soulmate (she met him another way), but she did have a blast doing so.

My friend that did it, did everything you're not supposed to do! He picked her up at her house for the first meeting (a big-time, today, safety no-no!), and he decided she was the one from the moment she opened the door. 20 years later, they stand by the way it all unfolded. Today we might call it love-bombing, but back then, it was sweet and has proven the test of time.

Another friend of mine tried the video dating too. She used to call it "The Boyfriend Store". LOL!! She never met her soulmate (she met him another way), but she did have a blast doing so.

My friend that did it, did everything you're not supposed to do! He picked her up at her house for the first meeting (a big-time, today, safety no-no!), and he decided she was the one from the moment she opened the door. 20 years later, they stand by the way it all unfolded. Today we might call it love-bombing, but back then, it was sweet and has proven the test of time.

Your friend sounds funny, LH! “The Boyfriend Store”. Luv it!

Archived