Feeling lost in mending broken family relationship

VicBB09

I want to mend broken bond with my Godparents. But I'm feeling lost. I don't have close relationship with my biological parents. My real mother always blames me on whatever I've done, such as she hopes I study business, but I'm only interested in science and I got degree in MSc last year, but she still not happy about why I didn't follow her wish. My real father is quite controlling, he wants me to report every single details to him, which I feel really TIRED of that. My Godmother is (was) my closest relationship in my life, I only can feel love and care from her, however she disowned me at 2 months ago the reason is because I have emotional issue and my Godfather doesn't quite understand me. I do feel sorry for my emotional illness, which I've caused alot of troubles to my Godparents. During these 2 months after they cut off relationship with me, we only had contact once on email on Christmas night. I wish one day in the future i could reconnect with my Godparents....

I had terrible life experiences with my biological parents when I was living with them and I don't really trust them. I only trust and close to my Godmother. Maybe because of that, I was too rely on her. I feel upset is because I made mistake and pushed my Godparents away.

Mainly is because of my emotional issue. I am too insecure and have difficulty to control my emotion. Second is my Godfather isn't really happy about this relationship. 2 months ago, we had a serious argument, I didnt listen to her and didnt understand her difficulties, but emotionally pushed her away. So my Godmother has had enough of dealing with my emotional issue and she also has stress from my Godfather. Since then, we only had one communication via email at Christmas night.

@Wiseman2 Yes I did. I sent an apology letter to them last month. Also I sent an email to them before Christmas, told them I am learning emotion management and wish them Merry Christmas and happy new year. My Godmother replied me that they are happy to hear about that and pray for me.

I am going to bet they did not disown you - that they in fact set a boundary for their personal mental health or safety. I think the news about their reply to your Christmas wish is wonderful. But don't push. Keep sending updates every holiday - and their birthdays - but on birthdays- only inquire about them - don't make it about you - but you can mention awesome news like getting an award, etc. They may reach out more on their own over time just give them the space to do so by including your up to date contact info in your letters and one day they just might reach out in a more significant way

What did you do? Assault them with out of control behavior? Acting crazy saying nasty things? Getting drunk or being high on drugs? Destroying their property?

Hopefully you are seeing a doctor and therapist for that and not just wishing, hoping, praying, etc. that you get better.

told them I am learning emotion management. My Godmother replied me that they are happy to hear about that and pray for me.

@Wiseman2 I don't take drugs and I dont smoke & drink. 2 months ago we had a serious argument was because my Godmother told me her husband doesnt like this relationship and she has to solve the issue with her husband. I didn't listen to her, but argued with her. I kept asking why she wants to abandon me and I wanted to quit my job.

Why is that? What was your "emotional outburst" about and why is the reason suddenly that her husband "doesn't like it" when you claim she cut you off because of "an emotional problem/argument with her"? Perhaps after you were disrespectful to her, her husband wisely suggested she cut you off because you hurt her.

Her husband doesn't like this godmother-daughter relationship.

My Godmother told me her husband doesnt like her family members and friends. The reason why he doesnt like me is because one night i was sick, she looked after me and back to home late (after 7pm) and didn't cook dinner for him, he was so unhappy about that.

Archived