Flaky dating or are my skills rusty?

cherubrock

Hi everyone, y'all probably know me from my long-standing post on sex and romance section.

This post is about "dating" and meeting people in bars, cafes etc. Last night I was out with my friend and we met these two guys. I know, I know dating these days can go any way..so you have to keep an open mind...

so this guy seemed to like me..telling me I'm gorgeous like about 3 times throughout the night, saying like "you're so gorgeous"...etc and we kissed a bit, at like 2 am we ate a snack at a diner, sharing the same plate, anyways..my friend had went back home, and this guy and his friend were about to go back to their apt. and were asking me to join them, but I wasn't looking for random sex with someone I just met(knowing me from my other post, it wouldn't be exactly a good idea), so I took the train home.

SO the next day, I get a text "it was nice meeting you yesterday :)" , I responded "Hey! yeah same, it was fun hanging out" then he replied, "what are you upto?" and then I don't know if this was too "dull" of an answer but i said "just chilling with family, gonna have dinner out later, and you?" then he said 'i just had some pho soup just chilling at the appt now" , after that I just commented on something that happened throughout the night and that "your friends apt looked so nice" because before they left his friend was showing me pics of his apartment in manhattan when they were asking me to come along with them, and I finished the text with "any plans for New Years" to which he just responded "haha I forgot about that"

I know one can't expect much with dating these days, but did I seem "disinterested" or maybe I was not "exciting"?

He's looking for a hookup. After the 'gorgeous' lines didn't work right away, he figured he'd send a wassup text. Expect casual, but not a relationship.

Last night I was out with my friend and we met these two guys.

so this guy seemed to like me..telling me I'm gorgeous like about 3 times throughout the night, saying like "you're so gorgeous".

he replied, "what are you upto?"

He's looking for a hookup. After the 'gorgeous' lines didn't work right away, he figured he'd send a wassup text. Expect casual, but not a relationship.

Yep... if he wants to date you he will put some energy into getting to know you and asking you out vs. sending random "what are you upto" texts. Wait and see if his actions match his words.

Wiseman, it's worse than that. Going to a residence with two male strangers is how one can wind up in a crime show. Safety should always be the #1 priority.

Wiseman, it's worse than that. Going to a residence with two male strangers is how one can wind up in a crime show. Safety should always be the #1 priority.

Actually it was three men haha..! I just think everyone I met lately was just trying to do "end of the year" or "new years" hook-up. Because that same night on my train back home, this man who was 41 started talking to me and followed me out to my stop and we talked and ended up kissing and he suggested to go back to his place..haha :eek::p

Archived