LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Hot Mess Proposal

Platinum Member
    Do you believe that if you did agree to marry him and you two got married and had children, that he would absolutely, without a doubt, have sex with other women?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Do you believe that if you did agree to marry him and you two got married and had children, that he would absolutely, without a doubt, have sex with other women?
    We donít plan on having children, but to the rest of your question, i donít know. Truth be told he IS getting older and slowing down (and he acknowledges this, lol), but that doesnít preclude much. I guess weíll see, lol!

Originally Posted by nyghts628
    We donít plan on having children, but to the rest of your question, i donít know. Truth be told he IS getting older and slowing down (and he acknowledges this, lol), but that doesnít preclude much. I guess weíll see, lol!
    If I were in your shoes, I would take things slowly. There's no point to rush into marriage, especially if you don't want kids. You can just be together or just live together, you don't need that legal bond until you are 150% sure he's the right one.

Platinum Member
    You had named being "a good father" as one of your requirements in a husband, so I presumed you were planning to have more children.

You also stated all husbands cheat, which is why I asked if you were OK with him cheating sexually as long as he met all your other requirements.

Platinum Member
    That does not preclude much. My ex could look up old exes and "ones that almost were" up on the internet and start chattng no matter if his whackadoodle was working or not.

You had named being "a good father" as one of your requirements in a husband, so I presumed you were planning to have more children.

You also stated all husbands cheat, which is why I asked if you were OK with him cheating sexually as long as he met all your other requirements.
    i am wondering if that means being a good stepfather to HER kids

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    That does not preclude much. My ex could look up old exes and "ones that almost were" up on the internet and start chattng no matter if his whackadoodle was working or not.

i am wondering if that means being a good stepfather to HER kids
    Believe it or not, while itís important for Adrian to be a good fatherly role model to my child, Iím not looking for him to be a replacement father to her. She already has a pretty amazing dad, and Iíd prefer if me and her bio dad are primarily responsible for her rearing. Me looking for ďgood fatherĒ qualities in a husband is more of a screening tool of sorts at this point. Ie i prefer to date men who share my life experience as a parent, and it is my belief that a man who prioritizes fatherhood is (generally, not always) the mark of a good, responsible man who has his priorities straight. I refuse to date negligent or deadbeat dads; I find abandonment of oneís parental duties highly immoral and unnatural (with obvious exceptions made for giving children up for adoption, etc)
    Last edited by nyghts628; 01-04-2019 at 01:24 AM.

To answer your first question, Iím just cutting and pasting a response I just wrote: Believe it or not, while itís important for Adrian to be a good fatherly role model to my child, Iím not looking for him to be a replacement father to her. She already has a pretty amazing dad, and Iíd prefer if me and her bio dad are primarily responsible for her rearing. Me looking for ďgood fatherĒ qualities in a husband is more of a screening tool of sorts at this point. Ie i prefer to date men who share my life experience as a parent, and it is my belief that a man who prioritizes fatherhood is (generally, not always) the mark of a good, responsible man who has his priorities straight. I refuse to date negligent or deadbeat dads; I find abandonment of oneís parental duties highly immoral and unnatural (with obvious exceptions made for giving children up for adoption, etc)

Second: I never said ALL husbands cheat. I donít speak in totalities. To your question, though, would I DIVORCE him for cheating sexually so long as heís handling all other business? Maybe. Maybe not. I would be upset of course, but like with most marriages, I wonít know until Iím in it. What I DO know is that my priority, at that point, would be to do whatís in my and my childís best interests!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Give Advice
Ask For Advice