Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213

Thread: Just had my first disaster date at 30 years old

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by milly007
    I just did a quick search of that show and saw a brief clip. Didn't realize it was a game show. I can't take any of these people seriously! I guess that's the point. Lol. It looks like it might even be scripted.
    Yes I'm sure it's scripted, including their "baggage"!

Again just trying to give a chuckle, apologies that wasn't clear.

Funny show though.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Yes I'm sure it's scripted, including their "baggage"!

Again just trying to give a chuckle, apologies that wasn't clear.

Funny show though.
    Oh, I knew you were just trying to keep it light/have a laugh. I wasn't offended (if by chance my post came across that way).

I just didn't know the show was more silly/a game show. At first I thought it was maybe more serious in nature, and thought "jeez, that can't be right!" (the men's reaction in comparison with the women). My bad! :)

East looks like you dropped the mic.
    Nope, FiO, I was just warming up. But with this post I'm intending to drop the mic.

After running a background forum check on OP, there are these really gold-mine threads of his that corroborate the conclusions of my previous post, in particular that he staged the "forgetting" of the money in the car; and that he did not text after the date on purpose to play mind games, rather than being just too busy running errands...in the middle of the night on a weekday.

The texting

There is this OP's thread carrying the very telling title "Anybody afraid of initiating contact first with a date?" [Register to see the link]
    where basically this individual was sharing his frustration that the lady he was then dating was not chasing after him by initiating texts. He kept careful score who initiated when and he didn't want to text her first. In this recent thread he innocently is trying to convince us that he didn't text his most recent date, because he was running errands at midnight? Yeah, right :facepalm:
    But even more disturbing is that OP clearly lied to us about his age, this is an excerpt from his opening post in the thread from 2015:

I've been seeing this woman the past 5-6 weeks now, she's 45 and I'm 35 and we've been out on 4 separate occasions now.
    Sooo, in 2015 OP was 35 and now in 2019 he is 30? OP, could you please clarify in which thread you lied, in this one, or the previous one? I would like to signal to the community here, that we are having yet another instance of OP dating a more mature woman 10 years his senior, of course if one could believe anything he is saying.

The "forgotten" cash

There's this OP's thread with somewhat pompous title "My dating Philosophy", as if he is some sort of guru, or a century philosopher:
    [Register to see the link]

Now everyone, take a seat before reading OP's views on who should be paying for dates:

I have realized that when going out on lots of dates and meeting potential love match the odds are more than likely that it won't actually turn into a love match and I'm just wasting money in the process taking girls out on dates. It can add up really quickly. And I'm aware that other options exist that doesn't involve money etc.

Now I told the girl that if I'm the one driving the hour and a half distance to see her then I expect that she knows her town/ city better than I do so in essence she'd be the one taking me out and paying.

If on the other hand she is the one driving down to see me then I'd be the one doing the finding things for us to do and paying for whatever...

The third and final option would be meeting halfway and we can go half and half on whatever...

So, basically what happened in this last thread is that OP enacted the third option of his "Dating Philosophy" by actually staging the scene to only pay for his meal. He went about it in a very underhanded way though, rather than just being clear with his date that he wants to go Dutch. There was no accidentally forgetting his money, it was a set up. As I said in the previous post he must have had his bank cards with him, because he used them to withdraw money just before the date.
    Yet another sad story of men using tricks on women to pay for dates…

OP is who he is… what i'm mostly concerned with is how easy it was for him to mislead the community here and worst of all; how everybody ganged up against this poor woman who was actually scammed by this man. How come nobody noticed the inconsistency of facts in his posts, or took some 30 minutes to check his previous threads to see that the way he played tricks on this woman was part of his so called "Dating philosophy", aka "Dating Scam".

Platinum Member
    Deleted, changed mind.

Nite all.
    Last edited by katrina1980; 01-06-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Thread has run its course.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213

Give Advice
Ask For Advice