Talked to daughter

Jetta

Wanted to make her aware that she has the power, and remove some from her dad who she lives with. Told her she's at the age she can decide she wants to live with me. I don't really think she would which I mentioned as well. But she would have to go to court to make the change.

Anyway, instead of feeling weak like I was feeling it gives me a sense of control too. I told her it would be a huge change, but she has said she wondered what she'd be like if she grew up with me instead. So I basically let her know she could change if she wanted.

I'm frustrated with his neglectful attitude. She had on crocks no socks no winter coat. It's 8 degrees today. She says she owns a winter coat just didn't think she'd need it. I was like are you sure? Do you need me to buy you one? She said no. She keeps saying no and I don't know her size anymore. I am really want to buy her shoes and clothes. I said why did your parents let you leave like this? Of course she doesn't know. But that was frustration talking. I almost took a picture.

What age is she?

The reason I ask is that if she is at the age where she can decide where she wants to live, then my guess is that she is also at the age where she can decide how she wants to leave the house, and have the natural consequence of being cold if she decides not to dress appropriately for the weather.

She is 16. Says she's not cold, and wouldn't be outside long. Which is true but things could happen and you should be dressed for the weather.

Yeah, trying to tell a 16 year old how to dress? Good luck!

I'm confused about one thing...you mentioned asking her if her "parents" let her leave like that. But you're her mother, correct? Did you mean her father and step mother?

Archived