Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apologize or ignore a PSYCHO?

Apologize or ignore a PSYCHO?

Hi all-

I will keep this short. A couple of years ago, my uncle posted a picture on Facebook with a hunter having killed a deer and posing with it. Me being the huge animal lover I am, and also having a big mouth at times, made a snarky comment about people that kill animals having tiny private parts. It turned out that that picture was of a recently deceased super distant relative and once I realized that, I apologized and deleted my comment. Last night, I responded to something political my uncle posted on FB and this guy (the deceased guyís brother) went OFF. He wrote like 10 posts in a row on that thread calling me a f******* c***, a b****, he wants to choke me, he wants to teach me a lesson, Iím a disgusting p***** eating homosexual... I mean, it went on and on and on in ways that I literally have never in my life experienced. My mom (this guyís cousin) was sick over it. My aunt too. My mom reminded him that I apologized for not having a clue that that was his brother and that I was referencing that act of hunting rather than his brother specifically, but he wouldnít listen. I would have said sorry to him since I didnít two years ago but he just kept cussing and saying disgusting things to me and literally threatening my safety. He said he hopes I get AIDS. I mean, serious psycho things. I never did say anything and I do think that was a good move because he was clearly never going to listen but at the same time, I am very sorry for what I said and I would have said that had he stopped saying every vulgar thing he could think of. He clearly knows Iím gay and he hates gay people. He hates that Iím a liberal. He hates that Iím a woman Iím sure. His words were jarring but donít bother me. Itís the threats that bother me. Any advice you might have to diffuse this situation besides just let it go? I donít want it to keep invading my energy but it was really shocking. His lives in another state thank god but he is absolutely mentally unstable.

Try to reset your privacy settings and do not engage these people. Sift through your social media and reset all of it, including cleaning out people who are vexing, combative, etc. Why waste time on flame wars? Find causes and subjects that interest you and join civilized discussion groups.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Try to reset your privacy settings and do not engage these people. Sift through your social media and reset all of it, including cleaning out people who are vexing, combative, etc. Why waste time on flame wars? Find causes and subjects that interest you and join civilized discussion groups.
    Wiseman, I was hoping you would respond! :-) Yeah, thanks for that. I agree. I actually legitimately wanted to tell him I was sorry for what I said two years ago but I had no idea he even saw it and was carrying around all of this hatred for me. And I would have responded and said that had he not said all of that stuff. Yeah, I will redirect my focus. Thank you!

Platinum Member
    No, he shouldn't be going off on you like that, but I'm guessing that, in addition to insulting him with your hunting post, you possibly also insulted him (indirectly) with your political comment?

Stop with all the social media comments and opinions. Share your vacation pics, your pics of your pie you just made. But just stop all the opinion-based posts. Or remove social media altogether.

As for this particular person, block him, as his comments have absolutely gone over the line. However, I must say, I do believe he's been infuriated and is responding. Best to block each other and move on.

Apologize or ignore a PSYCHO?

Thanks, LHgirl-

Iím actually just done with Facebook all together I think. And yes, my uncle posted something about Trump and he commented on it telling my uncle to stop being childish and I responded to that. So yes, he was doubly pissed.

What political thing did you post? Was it something else berating him?

His reaction was extreme, but you started it - twice.

Platinum Member
    Yeah, my Facebook feed gets smaller every day, with the amount of people I've hidden/unfriended/blocked.

The only political opinion I care about is my own.
    The only religious opinion I care about is my own.

Make me laugh, post heartfelt memes, show me what your family looks like today, post memories of H.S. But the second someone posts an opinion, they're out.

You don't have to delete it altogether. Just temper down the opinions, and your responses to others' opinions. You'll be amazed at how much happier you'll be.

Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    What political thing did you post? Was it something else berating him?

His reaction was extreme, but you started it - twice.
    I started it??? I didnít post anything political. My uncle did and then he wrote something and then I wrote something. Thatís how Facebook works you know.

Originally Posted by LHGirl
    Yeah, my Facebook feed gets smaller every day, with the amount of people I've hidden/unfriended/blocked.

The only political opinion I care about is my own.
    The only religious opinion I care about is my own.

Make me laugh, post heartfelt memes, show me what your family looks like today, post memories of H.S. But the second someone posts an opinion, they're out.

You don't have to delete it altogether. Just temper down the opinions, and your responses to others' opinions. You'll be amazed at how much happier you'll be.
    Agreed totally.

Platinum Member
    It's not necessary to post a comment. YOU chose to do that.

Now, I agree, this person's reactions were way, way out of line. But none of us HAS to comment on anything!

If I see something I disagree with I shrug and go on with my day. I accept that others have different beliefs, opinions and hobbies.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice