Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apologize or ignore a PSYCHO?

I hope you're a vegetarian yourself or that you're equally calling out your meat eating friends on their microscopic genetalia for your or their money going to traumatizing animals by raising them in confinement and coralling them into a strange place to be killed and butchered. And if you're a milk drinker, don't get me started on the veal industry you'd be supporting. Unless folks are getting their meat from an animal that was literally shot in the back of the head drinking from Its own water trough on its home ranch, I can guarantee the deer lived and died far more humanely than what your consumption perpetuates.

And I'm someone who simply doesn't like hunters trophy posing. But while we're all hypocrites to some degree, it's always best to check how many windows you've got around you before throwing stones at someone else.

Regardless, the guy is obviously unhinged even if not an immediate physical threat. I wouldn't apologize as I doubt anything would alleviate whatever offense he took from your strange compulsion to comment on his dead brother's penis. I personally can't say I've had any urge to pejoratively refer to a woman having a floppy labia for having an opinion I don't like, but I suppose you do you.

Just block the guy. He won't be able to see your posts and you can pick whatever menial battles you'd like on Facebook without worry.

Apologize or ignore a PSYCHO?

Originally Posted by j.man
    I hope you're a vegetarian yourself or that you're equally calling out your meat eating friends on their microscopic genetalia for your or their money going to traumatizing animals by raising them in confinement and coralling them into a strange place to be killed and butchered. And if you're a milk drinker, don't get me started on the veal industry you'd be supporting. Unless folks are getting their meat from an animal that was literally shot in the back of the head drinking from Its own water trough on its home ranch, I can guarantee the deer lived and died far more humanely than what your consumption perpetuates.

And I'm someone who simply doesn't like hunters trophy posing. But while we're all hypocrites to some degree, it's always best to check how many windows you've got around you before throwing stones at someone else.

Regardless, the guy is obviously unhinged even if not an immediate physical threat. I wouldn't apologize as I doubt anything would alleviate whatever offense he took from your strange compulsion to comment on his dead brother's penis. I personally can't say I've had any urge to pejoratively refer to a woman having a floppy labia for having an opinion I don't like, but I suppose you do you.

Just block the guy. He won't be able to see your posts and you can pick whatever menial battles you'd like on Facebook without worry.
    I donít eat or use any animal products and they ARE trophy hunters. I donít give people a hard time for eating meat even though Iím against it personally and the industry is unconscionable but trophy hunting is disgusting. Even so, I should have kept my mouth shut. The genitalia reference was a metaphor. As for your other comments, thank you.
    Last edited by Soulsister2010; 12-29-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Platinum Member
    The guy is a nut job.

I also believe it is better to stay away from making political comments or statements that can be deemed controversial. Keep it fun and light, or some are going to respond as this guy.

Do not apologize, it won't make a difference. He threatened your safety and called you some offensive names. Awful.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    The guy is a nut job.

I also believe it is better to stay away from making political comments or statements that can be deemed controversial. Keep it fun and light, or some are going to respond as this guy.

Do not apologize, it won't make a difference. He threatened your safety and called you some offensive names. Awful.
    Holly, I canít agree more. I am going to learn from all of this big time. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Soulsister2010
    Holly, I canít agree more. I am going to learn from all of this big time. Thanks!
    In all seriousness, what do you intend to do differently going forward?

Apologize or ignore a PSYCHO?

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    In all seriousness, what do you intend to do differently going forward?
    To not engage in any drama or anything that could lead to drama on social media and really to just engage less in social media. I already rarely post on Facebook but I think revisiting where I put my energy is in order. My Chinese medicine lady has always said to me, ďDonít try to engage with people that arenít going to hear you.Ē And last night, I jumped into a political conversation that I never needed to be part of and it all went badly from there. I have vowed to not get into any arguments on social media and I didnít need to say anything last night and I wish I hadnít and instead, just went about my business but again, lesson learned. Big lesson.

I would do some research and find forums with like-minded individuals, for example LGBT or vegan or animal rights, etc. People underestimate the impact of flame wars and that mindset.

You found this site, right? All sorts of topics but trolls and flamers are banned so people can have civilized discussions about whatever they want. On a site such as this there is anonymity and people can just bow out if they don't like the advice or thread or whatever.

Don't let your personal social media become a superfund site with nonsense like this. It's worse when it's this personal.

Platinum Member
    [While the two men were gearing up to face off, one spectator noted how grave and serious Lincoln looked. ďIíd never seen him look so long before making a joke, and began to believe he was getting frightened.Ē ]

[Register to see the link]

Before you say anything about anybody, remove all imagined barriers in your mind, put yourself in their shoes/life, and then ask yourself if you would say it to their face.

Ps, I'm not making excuses for his reaction.

Wow, okay so you make a comment that was admittedly in bad taste (mainly because of the relationship between him and the trophy hunter) and apologize when you realize that.

He then proceeds to attack and harass and threaten your safety well after the fact and people are telling you that you're the one who needs to change the way you operate your social media? No.

This is abusive harassment pure and simple. It is actually something you could (and in my opinion should) go to the police with. This guy is dangerous and the fact that he lives in another state would not reassure me.

I would screenshot and save all abusive comments and then report them to Facebook. Unfriend and block after that and contact the appropriate authorities. Does he know where you live? Has he said anything about that? What he is doing is called doxxing and it is a tactic frequently used by the extreme right and often as an attempt to silence women and lgbt2qia people.

I completely disagree that you should let this go. A random insult online is one thing but threatening your life and saying he hopes you get AIDS is totally unacceptable and needs to be addressed.

And though I would refrain from comments on others Facebook pages that he is likely to see, if you block him you don't have to worry about that. You should not have to silence yourself because of one unhinged misogynist.

Finally your social media is your social media. Post what you want. Let the appropriate authorities deal with doxxing or threats.

Platinum Member
    What are you saying to people? How hostile is your approach? You can have a difference of opinion where it does not escalate to that level. I think it would be more productive to get involved with the Liberal party where you can really make a difference. The likelihood of changing someone's perspective who has polor opposite views, is not likely. Not a battle you should be choosing.

I think you should report this nut to FB. His words were threatening and offensive. I am curious as to what your family members said?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice