LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apologize or ignore a PSYCHO?

Originally Posted by Soulsister2010
    I started it??? I didnít post anything political. My uncle did and then he wrote something and then I wrote something. Thatís how Facebook works you know.
    Uh, yeah, you started it. You chose to comment and start a fight twice.

The first comment was making fun of a dead guys you-know-what.

The second - well, youíre not answering, I suspect it was just as rude.

Apologize or ignore a PSYCHO?

Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    Uh, yeah, you started it. You chose to comment and start a fight twice.

The first comment was making fun of a dead guys you-know-what.

The second - well, youíre not answering, I suspect it was just as rude.
    Well, arenít you such a nice person. You donít even know me so itís probably safe to not make assumptions. And if you actually read my original post, you would know that it wasnít a picture that was obvious as to who it was nor did I know he was dead. I apologized when it happened. Have you never said something stupid and had to apologize because from your judgmental responses, Iím guessing you are perfect.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    It's not necessary to post a comment. YOU chose to do that.

Now, I agree, this person's reactions were way, way out of line. But none of us HAS to comment on anything!

If I see something I disagree with I shrug and go on with my day. I accept that others have different beliefs, opinions and hobbies.
    Itís true. I didnít have to. Facebook is a place where people have different beliefs. My uncle is liberal. This guy is not. He said my uncle was childish for continuing to post about DT. I asked why we should have to stop talking about it just because he was elected two years ago. People continue to be upset about it. That was it.

Well, arenít you such a nice person. You donít even know me so itís probably safe to not make assumptions. And if you actually read my original post, you would know that it wasnít a picture that was obvious as to who it was nor did I know he was dead. I apologized when it happened. Have you never said something stupid and had to apologize because from your judgmental responses, Iím guessing you are perfect.
    I did read your original post.

What did I say that was wrong?

Not knowing the context does not make what you did any nicer.

I donít post crap like that on Facebook because itís petty.

Platinum Member
    Itís true. I didnít have to. Facebook is a place where people have different beliefs. My uncle is liberal. This guy is not. He said my uncle was childish for continuing to post about DT. I asked why we should have to stop talking about it just because he was elected two years ago. People continue to be upset about it. That was it.
    Thing is, people are not going to read your comments and think "You know, she's RIGHT! I am going to change my entire mindset on this topic based on this Facebook comment!"

And yeah, you have the "right" to post whatever you want. First Amendment and all that. BUT, you do need to realize people have the same right to react to what you post and you aren't always going to like how they react.

Yes, that man was way out of line. No doubt. But when we post on social media we open ourselves up to any and all reactions. And we have to expect that.

Apologize or ignore a PSYCHO?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Thing is, people are not going to read your comments and think "You know, she's RIGHT! I am going to change my entire mindset on this topic based on this Facebook comment!"

And yeah, you have the "right" to post whatever you want. First Amendment and all that. BUT, you do need to realize people have the same right to react to what you post and you aren't always going to like how they react.

Yes, that man was way out of line. No doubt. But when we post on social media we open ourselves up to any and all reactions. And we have to expect that.
    Youíre right. Totally. And I should have known better. For the most part, I donít at all argue with people on Facebook anymore because itís a waste of everything. I wish I had said nothing and just let my uncle go back and forth with him. I guess I was looking for a way to apologize for what I mistakenly said two years ago and I just donít know that thereís any good way to do that at this point. I mean, He threatened to physically harm me on multiple occasions last night.

Youíre right. Totally. And I should have known better. For the most part, I donít at all argue with people on Facebook anymore because itís a waste of everything. I wish I had said nothing and just let my uncle go back and forth with him. I guess I was looking for a way to apologize for what I mistakenly said two years ago and I just donít know that thereís any good way to do that at this point. I mean, He threatened to physically harm me on multiple occasions last night.
    serious question, why do you feel you need to apologize?

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    serious question, why do you feel you need to apologize?
    I guess just because Iím not the kind of person to say something really mean and that isnít who I want to be...

I guess just because Iím not the kind of person to say something really mean and that isnít who I want to be...
    Disagree when someone says something you dont like you have no issue clapping back:

What is it about a random person who has shown he takes online arguments a bit too far so important that you felt the need to post.

Please elaborate.

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    Disagree when someone says something you dont like you have no issue clapping back:

What is it about a random person who has shown he takes online arguments a bit too far so important that you felt the need to post.

Please elaborate.
    Well, his comments were jarring to me and I donít know his mental state and so I was really feeling like he might try to harm me and so I wanted to post to see if I ought to try to apologize to diffuse the situation or just leave it alone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice