Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Can I Get Him Back

Can I Get Him Back

My ex and I were together for almost 5years and right before my birthday he just out there blue said he was done but didn't really say why. Now he's decided to say why but he's given three different reasons. We are still living together and I haven't changed from doing things for him (getting him up for work, making his lunch, checking to make sure he'd ok). Some days he is willing to talk or should I say listen and other days he's bitter. He doesn't really make eye contact anymore and he's sending mix messages. Can I eventually get him back?

What are the reasons he's giving?

Originally Posted by LaTashaRiley
    My ex and I were together for almost 5years and right before my birthday he just out there blue said he was done but didn't really say why. Now he's decided to say why but he's given three different reasons. We are still living together and I haven't changed from doing things for him (getting him up for work, making his lunch, checking to make sure he'd ok). Some days he is willing to talk or should I say listen and other days he's bitter. He doesn't really make eye contact anymore and he's sending mix messages. Can I eventually get him back?
    Iím so sorry. You need to stop doing those things for him. He broke up with you. Now your just showing him that youíll stick around and that he can do what he wants. For some reason he doesnít respect you atm. There may be someone else in the picture or he may be bored. As far as getting him back I think you may need to stay away from him and give him his space. Start looking into the one of you moving out and bring up the topic with him. If heís standoffish and avoiding the topic heís using you. Right now you gotta move on and show him you donít need him. Itís what men find the most attractive.

Itís hard but you canít live in denial you are disrespecting yourself. Change what you are doing right now or he will see you more as an object who will cling to him.

I too wondered if there's another female in the picture. Stop being so nice to him.`I think one of you should move out.

Platinum Member
    Stop doing things for him.

What were the reasons?

You need to move out. Pronto. He feels guilty about something. Has he cheated before?

Originally Posted by LaTashaRiley
    Can I eventually get him back?
    Not while still living with him, no. When nothing changes, then nothing changes.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice