Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Relentless Diarrhea but starving...

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jalapeno1234
    Im too scared to google that...were you able to eat with it? Ive managed some crackers
    please do not adopt what wiseman had .

wise one shush ...

Originally Posted by pippy longstocking
    Are you UK ? Because you can go to any pharmacy , ask to speak to the pharmacist , all have private rooms and tell him/her what is going on , they wil either suggest a treatment or suggest you get to your GP .

Oh and stay away from milk ..ohh makes me shudder ...milk feeds a bowel bug .
    Im in the UK yeah :) but too scared to go out as before I was going every 2 hours...my family are all going out so maybe they can get something..I don't see them giving me anything though as they'll say wait it out

NO...DO NOT wait it out.

Dehydration can happen very fast and it's dangerous. Please get looked at as soon as you can.

sorry ... 10 minutes** not 2 hours!

Platinum Member
    Im in the UK yeah :) but too scared to go out as before I was going every 2 hours...my family are all going out so maybe they can get something..I don't see them giving me anything though as they'll say wait it out
    well there are some horrible viruses going about ...myself and my daughter have been ill ...not with that , but that is going around ...so it is worth your family asking at the pharmacist ... just because he might have seen another 20 already and be able to settle your mind ..or he will tell them to tell you to get to the gp ...

I hear that about not wanting to be to far away from a loo .

Best thing to do is go to a clinic. All I did was drink Gatorade 🥤for a couple days and stay away from spicy food (that's a feat in Mexico🌮). But if you're not in Mexico it's doubtful your problem.
    Im too scared to google that...were you able to eat with it? Ive managed some crackers

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Best thing to do is go to a clinic. All I did was drink Gatorade 🥤for a couple days and stay away from spicy food (that's a feat in Mexico🌮). But if you're not in Mexico it's doubtful your problem.
    Every holiday I have ever been on I have managed to get a bowel bug , hospitalised once it was so bad ...I brought one bug back with me ...nice ....

Platinum Member
    It could be a parasite.

I'm not sure how past disease's could be used to determine that.

The only reason Im not going to a doc yet is because I had something similar to this this last time last year..it ALWAYS gets me in my stomach and lasts from 1-3 days.... its just cos its been an entire year, I'm all tense .. plus its only been there for under 12 hours thus far... also no, no antibiotics or any medication except for one little Imodium which has kept me from going for the past 1 1/2 hrs
    Ok, you do understand that there have been people who have caught the flu (or something similar) and some who have died every year because they refused to seek proper medical treatment in a timely manner, right? And it is flu season.

You may not have the flu, but why take that risk? If something is severely wrong, you go to a doctor/urgent care/the ER. Period. End of discussion.

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Dehydration can be dangerous.
    Which is the leading cause of death of people with flu-like symptoms.

Last year I had to go to the ER several times while I was pregnant due to excessive vomiting and severe dehydration. I had my own mother tell me to “tough it out and go to work” because it was “just morning sickness.” She was seriously dead wrong that by the time I got to my OBGYN office, I had blacked out on the floor and had to be immediately wheeled in to the ER with IVs. Craziest experience ever.

Dehydration is no f’ing joke. It will kill you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice