Facebook official?

melodysparks

How long have you been dating? What are the privacy setting on your social media? Is it just for people/contacts you know or is it public?

If you are not legally divorced it would be best to keep your dating life off the internet. Particularly if it is contentious/abusive replete with restraining orders etc. Keep a low profile and keep your business to yourself.

No. You need to communicate about your expectations, such as dating exclusively. Have you discussed the terms expectations in person? That is all that matters. Do not use social media broadcasting in the early stages of dating in an attempt to prove to yourself or anyone else that you've "moved on".

I have a new boyfriend and things are going really well.Do we need to be fb official?

I stopped changing my fb status years ago when I realised that I was more interested in chasing the status than actually chasing a good relationship. And changing statuses is just attention seeking behvious, like you have a new toy and just have to tell absolutely everyone.

These days, I'd rather post a profile pic with myself and the lady than change my status, let people ask rather than push it in their faces. Then, maybe after 6 months or a year, change the status once everyone already knows.

I stopped changing my fb status years ago when I realised that I was more interested in chasing the status than actually chasing a good relationship. And changing statuses is just attention seeking behvious, like you have a new toy and just have to tell absolutely everyone.

These days, I'd rather post a profile pic with myself and the lady than change my status, let people ask rather than push it in their faces. Then, maybe after 6 months or a year, change the status once everyone already knows.

I like this.

I'm honestly surprised the hype over facebook relationship statuses is still a thing. I had an account back when you needed a university email, and it was maybe when it first started getting "mainstream" popular after 2008+ that it was a big deal to see someone in a new relationship or changing their status to "single." But I can't remember the last time my relationship status has been public or when I've seen a friend who could reliably carry a relationship for more than three months announcing they're "in a relationship." Fair play if it matters to you personally, but I'd try not to attribute an objective value to it.

Now my wife did change her status when we got engaged and then married, more because she's got friends and former classmates from three different universities and felt it was easier than calling and texting everyone about it. I "accepted" it being displayed on my timeline, but it's not in my info. I wouldn't consider myself as jaded as many on these forums when it comes to social media, but I have come to be less and less inclined to treat my profile as personally as I may have in the past.

Archived