LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: It's been a long while

Platinum Member

It's been a long while

Hi ENA. I'd like to authenticate who I am. My name is Alan, and I am 38 years old male survivor of Domestic Violence which occurred over a period of nearly 11 years, some of which is documented here on this site.

My biggest fear in life is not being strong enough to protect the ones I love. I always interpreted that as being physically strong. But reality is that it's also requires emotional, and spiritual strength as well. And in that regard, I have failed.

Now I have 2 children who I love with all my heart, but they are now being abused by the same person who abused me. I am trying to get them into a safe and loving environment, and through both divine help, national and local DV resources, I was granted a Domestic Violence Protection Order.

After 2-days of being restrained, my wife got her friend to lie about specific D.V. incidents and said I was the abuser, and since my youngest is only a few weeks old, the chain of events gave the kids back to her, and I am now homeless working with support to fix this situation.

I'm sitting in the Crossroads Library saving copies of my forum posts in the hopes that my paper trail on ENA throughout the years is enough to prove that I am the abused, and she is the abuser.

I don't know how often I can respond to messages, but any amount of support, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

Thank you all, and God bless.

Platinum Member
    Did you call the authorities after any of the incidents? Is there no paper trail? What about family and friends?

Platinum Member
    I'm confused. Four years back you met a woman at a conference. You said you were flirting with her and wanted to visit her in her country.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I'm confused. Four years back you met a woman at a conference. You said you were flirting with her and wanted to visit her in her country.
    Maybe he broke up with the abuser, dated the conference lady and then got back to the abuser? If his kid is weeks old, then he has to have been intimate with her at least 9/10 months ago.

Platinum Member
    Well, you need a lawyer and you need to get custody. Try to pull together whatever evidence you can and hope the courts see it your way. That's all I can tell you now.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice