Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How affectionate/loving are you with your cousins? What’s normal?

How affectionate/loving are you with your cousins? What’s normal?

One particular cousin and I have always been close. We’ve always been very touchy, hugs etc. For example if we’re laying on the couch, we put our legs up on each other or even play “footsie” he’s in his early 30s and I’m 20s. We still do it.

TLDR - it doesn’t feel weird, I’m happy with this close but curious about other peoples experiences/thoughts.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    A hug upon meeting and going . That’s it.

I would say that’s a little weird. If I was dating you and saw that I would be uncomfortable.

Footsie? Laying together? Yes, weird.

Typically cousins are polite, if they're a bit closer a quick hug, but that's it.

I usually hug my cousins and that's it. At this age laying together and playing footsie seems too much to me but if y'all feel comfortable doing it then it's ok.

It depends on your culture and family dynamics. Why are you concerned if you're both happy with it? Have others mentioned it's weird? Is this when a others are present?
    Originally Posted by belladun
    I’m happy with this close

Platinum Member
    I hug my cousins; in the country where I currently reside, cousins kiss each other on each cheeek upon greeting.

Laying together and playing footsie would make me very uncomfortable. Why do you ask, OP?

Hugs, cheek or forehead kisses, being fine sitting against each other, I don't know. I'm the oldest of more than three dozen cousins and have had a hand in taking care of pretty much all of them, so if I really thought about it, there are probably ways I'll tease or mess with them that some might(?) consider flirty if they didn't know there's more of a sibling dynamic that may not be typical, but I can't say I ever lie down with my legs over theirs or play footsie with them. Then again, if I were dating someone still playing footsie in their 20s or 30s, I'd probably find it strange regardless of who it was with.

Regardless of how strange it might be to most of us, it sounds innocuous enough. Even if it weren't, it's none of my business. But I, too, would be curious to know why you're asking. Are you hoping most people don't do this? I don't get the impression you've lived under a rock your whole life and aren't aware this is atypical.

Platinum Member
    I don't see anything wrong with footsies. Siblings do it. And I was super close with my two cousins that lives next town over. We saw eachother like 3x a week. I dance with my bro. Very close with my family.

Just depends on how you were growing up. Nothing weird being reported here.

Bronze Member
    I'm with j.man on this one. Albeit forehead kisses are, in my case, reserved for really young ones or the elderly such as my grandparents.

Footsies among adults are in my view, unless they are dating, strange.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice