LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MGTOW men + girlfriends?

MGTOW men + girlfriends?

MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) - "...cautioning men against serious romantic relationships with women, especially marriage."

I can't blame men for being extra cautious and avoiding marriage. I know a handful of men who have lost everything while they go through a divorce. The loss is just too great and sadly the government sees women as victims and will side with them the majority of the time. I have family and friends who have gone through this to understand.

Me? I like being financially independent and don't want to get married for this very reason. I don't need the government to validate my love for someone and would hate everything crumble away if things go bad. Just me being extra cautious I guess haha.

My bf follows MGTOW and you might be asking how does it work? Well, it sort of doesn't. MGTOW isn't all about being financially cautious but emotionally cautious as well. For example, he dismisses my feelings and takes me for granted but as another poster has said before, "you can only handle so much."

I guess it's an open topic to all, what do you think of this movement? Ladies, how are you coping with this? Just curious, I'd like to know!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ThoughtfulKate

I guess it's an open topic to all, what do you think of this movement? Ladies, how are you coping with this? Just curious, I'd like to know!
    What do I think of this "movement"? I think it's one of the stupidest things I've read here.

How am I "coping" with this? I'm not. If I ever met a man who uttered that acronym, I'd run.

Quelle stupidity.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I would never deal with a man like that or in that movement thatís how I would deal with it.

No, No baby girl, you don't get to 'normalize' your relationship issues by calling what you're going through a 'movement' these are your mans issues, and you've been posting about it for a while, so at this point you've made a conscious choice to accept it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with anyone (man or woman) deciding that they want to live a single life focused on their goals, interests and pursuits.

For me, the problem starts when it is based on hating and generalising the opposite sex. There doesn't seem to be anything self-empowering or productive in spending all your time being bitter about half of the population. It's pretty pathetic, actually.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by figureitout23
    No, No baby girl, you don't get to 'normalize' your relationship issues by calling what you're going through a 'movement' these are your mans issues, and you've been posting about it for a while, so at this point you've made a conscious choice to accept it.
    Ahhhh.....I forgot to check the poster's history.

ThoughtfulKate.....same guy from a month ago?
    [Register to see the link]

In that thread, you describe an angry, abusive jerk.

Yeah this has nothing to do with MDITHGSQW or whatever acronym you want to label it as.

This is just a plain 'ol a-hole.

In that thread, you kept apologizing for his anger. It's an abuse cycle.

Someone has too much time on their hands...JMO.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    Someone has too much time on their hands...JMO.
    Who? Not sure I understand.

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Originally Posted by LHGirl
    Who? Not sure I understand.
    The person who started this silly movement, so to speak. There's a website with that name, which is a waste of time.

As I said, "Just my opinion"...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice