Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MGTOW men + girlfriends?

The only difficulty is wondering whether this guy is attracted to this type of hate cult because he's a jerk or if hate cults like this are a result of jerks like this bf.

"MGTOW have "...vowed to stay away from women, stop dating and not have children". MGTOW focuses on men's self-ownership rather than changing the status quo through activism and protest, making MGTOW distinct from the men's rights movement. The Southern Poverty Law Center has identified MGTOW as a male supremacist group."

Platinum Member
    Do you agree that him following this point of view excuses his abusive behavior? Do you think it makes it OK for him to treat you horribly?

Why do you keep agreeing he's awful and you should leave him but continue to stay?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Do you agree that him following this point of view excuses his abusive behavior? Do you think it makes it OK for him to treat you horribly?

Why do you keep agreeing he's awful and you should leave him but continue to stay?
    Right, he's hiding behind some stupid, made-up label to excuse his sh*tty behavior. Great guy.

Platinum Member
    "I don't need the government to validate my love for someone..."
    - Gov, only validates for tax reasons. Marriage was around long before them.

Stop being led around by your nose.

Originally Posted by Lester
    "I don't need the government to validate my love for someone..."
    - Gov, only validates for tax reasons.
    That's an ignorant statement if I've ever heard one.

Originally Posted by spunkmire
    That's an ignorant statement if I've ever heard one.
    Says a poster with zero contribution to this thread.

Originally Posted by ThoughtfulKate
    For example, he dismisses my feelings and takes me for granted but as another poster has said before, "you can only handle so much."
    This movement you speak of and his being dismissive of you are entirely two different things.
    I suppose someone can abide by this principle and not be an arse at the same time.

Originally Posted by ThoughtfulKate
    he dismisses my feelings and takes me for granted

I guess it's an open topic to all, what do you think of this movement? Ladies, how are you coping with this?!
    I have no issue with men, OR women choosing not to get married for whatever reason. What I DO have issues with is people dismissing your feelings and taking you for granted. What you talk about are two totally different things.

What is more disturbing is the fact that you stay with a guy who "dismisses your feelings and takes you for granted" and find it acceptable behaviour.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice