Why ex text me Happy birthday

We've been broken up 3 months after a 4yr relationship and NC. We had a great relationship and friendship,( we were livers and friends) he said he was happy with me and didn't want to lose me however he still had feeling for his ex. So he went back to her and wanted us to still be in each others lives said it hurt him to end things with me. Even asked if Id take him back if he ever came crawling. I got extremely vicious during the break up and he blocked my number. I sent him an apology of how I handled things. Recently attempted reach out when we ran into each other. He didnt want to talk. He said my actions damaged him and he needs to recover. Apparently he is the victim. A week ago 8am he text me happy birthday with several emojis, yep I cried. I responded, "thank you, its tomorrow", the next morning7am on my bday he text me Good morning, Happy birthday. I thanked him. I tried calling him yesterday to congratulate him on his retirement (heard from a mutual friend) well I'm still blocked. Hate I cant let go of a man I cawho dropped me??? Well I'm hurt that I'm still blocked I thought the HBD text was an attempt to break the ice. Im kind of pissed he text me HBD it stirred up feelings in me that Im already struggling to lay to rest. He knows I seek answers to everything. He puts tremendous thought into what he does(Virgo man). I want to know why he texted me 2x HBD. Why bother? He has ignored me for 3 months. Couldnt be to reconcile, otherwise I still wouldnt be blocked. Is it a control thing Why??Yes I should let it go but my personality seeks answers to everything.

You're going to be OK (well, much better than OK - and far happier than he'll ever be) but you just have to keep away from him for the time being and stop looking for answers. He really can't provide any good answers (though I wouldn't be surprised if he had a stab at inventing some at some point) and he's already ruined it anyway. It's absolutely fine to split up with someone, but not to them make yourself the victim and then play games, which seems to be what he is doing.

Who wants to be around someone who behaves like this? I'm sure you don't, it's just that when someone behaves this erratically it pulls the carpet from underneath you and you don't know where you are. I'm only saying this as someone who has been caught up in this sort of thing many times; if he cared for you he wouldn't risk losing you. The only way you can make him realise his mistake is by disappearing from his life completely. Then (again in my experience) he's likely to come back but it would be madness (well ruinous to your self-esteem) to go back to him. By then, you'll have recovered anyway. Just keep doing what you're doing, however hard it seems. You're going to come out of this just fine.

Why did he email you? Because he wants to keep you around in case things don't work out with the new chick. He specifically told you that. Are you really willing to be somebody's back up plan? Sloppy seconds? Block him and get some therapy to figure out why you would allow yourself to be treated this way so your next relationship can be healthy.

Archived