Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Almost had heart failure

  1. #1
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    35,654
    Gender
    Female

    Almost had heart failure

    Today we thought we lost our son at the mall. He is an adult Autistic support level 1 but with a looooooooong history of wandering. His phone had died and he had retreated to a small quiet part of the mall. We reported him missing to security who started searching for him. Thankfully, a lot of rehearsals of when to seek help brought him out of his quiet space when he saw security to report missing parents.

  2. #2
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    11,900
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Today we thought we lost our son at the mall. He is an adult Autistic support level 1 but with a looooooooong history of wandering. His phone had died and he had retreated to a small quiet part of the mall. We reported him missing to security who started searching for him. Thankfully, a lot of rehearsals of when to seek help brought him out of his quiet space when he saw security to report missing parents.
    oh vic ....good grief <3 that's amazing that you actually had him prepared already for things like this ... you're an amazing mum .

  3. #3
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    35,654
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by pippy longstocking
    oh vic ....good grief <3 that's amazing that you actually had him prepared already for things like this ... you're an amazing mum .
    Thanks. I was in tears after 40 mins racing about the mall me one way and my husband the other. Then we reported him missing. He had only worn a small thin coat despite being -5C. I was imagining all kinds of horror stories.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    11,900
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Thanks. I was in tears after 40 mins racing about the mall me one way and my husband the other. Then we reported him missing. He had only worn a small thin coat despite being -5C. I was imagining all kinds of horror stories.
    I bet you was .. I think we would all be like that , was he distressed when you got to him ?

  5.  

  6. #5
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    35,654
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by pippy longstocking
    I bet you was .. I think we would all be like that , was he distressed when you got to him ?
    He was more irritated than anything but relieved too and then embarrassed I contacted security.

  7. #6
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    11,900
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    He was more irritated than anything but relieved too and then embarrassed I contacted security.
    Hahaha yes I was going to say that ... mother how could you lol

  8. #7
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    35,654
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by pippy longstocking
    Hahaha yes I was going to say that ... mother how could you lol
    Pretty much.

  9. #8
    Platinum Member Andrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    central Florida
    Posts
    3,115
    Gender
    Female
    So glad everything turned out well. Happy Holidays!

  10. #9
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    48,782
    I am so sorry you went through that and loved and felt relieved at your happy ending. You are the best parents !!

  11. #10
    Gold Member mines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    657
    Gender
    Female
    Yikes! One of my biggest fears! 40 minutes is a LONG TIME to be separated/not knowing where your kid is....omg. Thank goodness it turned out well. That's awesome that you'd prepared him for this - very smart thinking! ((HUGS)) So grateful all is well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •