I dont feel much, but I am no longer comfortable with it

Benedictcumb

I want more emotion, I shut off after I realised that manipulating people to get what i want is wrong such as telling someone that i had feelings for them when in reality I just wanted the physical attachment, that went on for a little bit but I finally just stopped because I didnt like hurting people, for the past 2 years I have slowly been expressing less and less emotion and I dont talk to many people, and I was comfortable with that for a while. But after my first two sessions of therapy,I've realised that I want more emotion, I want to be in a relationship where it's not just for physical attachment. But I dont know how to Express those emotions or even find them, this sounds sappy i know, but i do really just want to feel

Well what I am reading is ..you did the right thing , you became aware of your treatment of people so pulled back , however that went too far with the pulling back and you found yourself isolated ...you became aware of that and have saught therapy and realised what you want ...you need to carry on in the therapy and explore all of this and how you can go forward . It 's a fabulous post it really is .

It's not sappy at all , love and closeness are wonderful in all relationships , so why shouldn't you want it .

I agree it's not sappy at all, and I hear ya -- I've posted before that I'd rather be dead than not "feel" which is why I'm not even afraid to get hurt or feel pain (emotional).

At least I know something is happening, that I am actually able to feel versus feeling numb, nothing, which I've experienced too.

I don't know how old you are, I had relationships in my early 20s, going through the motions, but it wasn't until I was 29 that I actually "felt" real emotion about a man, my ex whom I dated for six years.

It's great you've become self-aware, that's the first step. Give it time, keep going, it will happen.

When it does, don't fight it or run away, embrace it!!

I'm. Ot like sad or depressed or anything, I just dont seem to feel much which includes not reacting to situations at all

I've been dumped a few times and I just say "ok" and walk away, thankyou all for your input, I know that I can feel again eventually, and I know it wont come quick but I want it to because I'm tired of the same routine of nothingness

I'm not like sad or depressed or anything, I just dont seem to feel much which includes not reacting to situations at all

I've been dumped a few times and I just say "ok" and walk away, thankyou all for your input, I know that I can feel again eventually, and I know it wont come quick but I want it to because I'm tired of the same routine of nothingness

I'm not like sad or depressed or anything, I just dont seem to feel much which includes not reacting to situations at all

Are you on any type of antidepressants or antipsychotic drugs. Those have been know to numb emotions. What does your therapist say about revving up your ability to feel?

Well I'm not on anything and I dont plan on taking anything, and i was comfortable with not feeling anything for a while and my next appointment is in January and I've just now started to jot be comfortable, I dont know, alot of the stuff in my life that has happened is mostly my fault and I accept it but it still sucks

Many people at times of turmoil and heartache wish they were you! A Mr Spock like objectivity and emotional even keel, unaffected by the drama all around. How do you react to other stimuli? Movies, food, things to do that you like? Are you into it, do you feel joy, accomplishment, relaxation, whatever?

If you know how to manipulate people then you are fully aware of human emotions, since those are the tools of manipulation. What kind of emotion do you want? Do you want attraction? Love? A connection to someone? It sounds more as though you are having a disconnect than a lack of emotions.

I want more emotion, I shut off after I realised that manipulating people to get what i want is wrong such as telling someone that i had feelings for them when in reality I just wanted the physical attachment, that went on for a little bit but I finally just stopped because I didnt like hurting people, for the past 2 years I have slowly been expressing less and less emotion and I dont talk to many people, and I was comfortable with that for a while. But after my first two sessions of therapy,I've realised that I want more emotion, I want to be in a relationship where it's not just for physical attachment. But I dont know how to Express those emotions or even find them, this sounds sappy i know, but i do really just want to feel

Archived