Need a little advice.

Unguided

Hello everyone,

So there's this girl. We were childhood friends. We dated a bit when we both were mere teenagers, but we moved to different towns and that was that. Recently we got back in touch and we met. We had the best time and she even suggested to make a date out of the evening rather than just a simple get-together. I agreed and we made a perfect evening of it. At the end of it I asked her out on a second date and she agreed. The problem is she lives like 150 kilometers away and since I have never done semi-long distance thing I was wondering whether there is anything I should know. So basically I am looking for advice. Maybe there is something what to do or not to do? Any tips? :)

What inspired you to reach out to her? It sounds like the reunion/date went well. How feasible is it with a 4 hr round trip distance and co-parenting your child locally to see each other regularly? Does she have kids?

How often do you have visitation/custody? Can both of you travel freely on weekends to each other? As long as you can both make time for each other it could be a fun adventure. Stay in touch between dates but don't text tether each other. Try to take turns driving/visiting and making plans/hosting.

We dated a bit when we both were mere teenagers. I asked her out on a second date and she agreed. The problem is she lives like 150 kilometers away.
What inspired you to reach out to her? It sounds like the reunion/date went well. How feasible is it with a 4 hr round trip distance and co-parenting your child locally to see each other regularly? Does she have kids?

How often do you have visitation/custody? Can both of you travel freely on weekends to each other? As long as you can both make time for each other it could be a fun adventure. Stay in touch between dates but don't text tether each other. Try to take turns driving/visiting and making plans/hosting.

Well, I saw her online and texted her. I wanted to just ask how she was doing, but one thing let to another, you know how it goes. It is a 1.5 hour drive not 4 tho. Regardless of whether I see my child on weekends or not, I always take my child to stay with me for 2-3 days per week. There is no schedule. We agree on this matter with my child's mother pretty well. And yes, I will not be driving there all the time, she offered to come and visit me on weekends as well. And she is fine with me having a child, she does not see it as an obstacle which I found to be a very positive thing when evaluating our potential relationship.

1.5 hours is nothing. My hubby and I did it for 1 year. We knew eachother as teens. Were friends. Dated for 4 months when we were 18. Fell out of touch for 14 years. And reconnected.

You just need to make plans, take turns. And just have fun. Chat when you can. Call when you can. But contact does not need to be 24/7. You just reconnected, so don't worry. Have fun.

Archived