Bumped into my ex at the bar during NO CONTACT... confused now

Hello again!

Kinda sucks that I'm back here and haven't fully moved on yet but it is what it is. This break up has taken a toll on me.

Super brief recap: Its been exactly a month today of PRETTY MUCH no contact (will discuss brief contact below). We were together for 8 months. Im 30, hes 33. Im the longest relationship he has had in 4 years. I really cared/ care about him. He broke up with me while he was drunk and seemingly out of the blue. Was super rude to my friends and I that night. Ignored me the whole night. Was flirting with another girl infront of me. Making fun of me to his friends. Etc. The next day on the phone i yelled at him and told him he screwed up really bad and that there is no turning back. I told him my feelings could never return after what had happened. He told me it makes him so sad to hear that. He then told me he didn't care about me the way I cared about him, that he doesnt see a future with me and that he was doubting his feelings for me for awhile.

I blocked and deleted him off all social media immediately after the above.

The ONLY time we had communicated was I had sent him a very basic text 2 weeks later saying sorry for blocking him but I was so mad, but I am ok now and hope hes doing well. He responded saying he really regrets the way things happened and he hopes im doing well as well.

We went another 2 weeks no contact after those brief texts and then... I see him in person at a lounge 2 days ago! Hes with his friends and Im with my girlfriend. He made a huge effort to talk to me and my friend. I was very civil and polite with him. Gave him a hug and we asked each other how we are doing. I told him I was doing well and he said the same. My friend was not so civil with him as she was there the night he broke up with me and treated us both really badly. His friends all came up to me and told me what an idiot and jerk my ex is. One of his friends even said that my ex should be trying to get back together with me. My conversation with my ex on my own was very odd and awkward. He was basically stuttering the whole time, and was hardly able to form words he was so nervous. We basically just stood beside each other for 5 minutes and eventually he said "I dont know if you are staying but i hope you say goodbye when you leave"

Well we didnt talk the rest of the night. My girlfriend and I had many guys buying us drinks and we were having a blast. We were dancing with numerous people on the dance floor. One of the guys who was dancing with me happened to be one of my exs coworkers (neither of us knew this). So my ex took him aside (right in front of me) and told this guy not to dance or talk to me because im his ex.

It was also very evident that my ex was staring at me from all over the bar the entire night. My girlfriend saw it too.

So eventually my ex leaves the bar late that night and texts me saying "It was nice to see you. Glad you are doing well. Hope i didnt upset you by telling my coworkers about our past. All the best". I have not responded to this text. And FYI I still have him blocked on all social media.

The whole time we have been no contact I thought my ex had totally forgotten about me and was happy I was gone. But after seeing him in person Im starting to feel very confused and wondering if maybe a part of him regrets his decision to end things with me or if he still has some feelings for me.

I still really care about him and miss him so much.

What do you guys think about the above situation? Am i reading too into this? Does it seem like he still cares? or am i delusional again.

Thanks for listening everyone!

Hi,

First be glad you’re rid of this jerk!

Second, not cool him telling his co worker not to dance with you because of yours and his past relationship.

He’s not being a friend in anyway shape or form. Please don’t read into more then him being arrogant.

I say good riddance and keep him blocked.

He sounds like an immature jerk! He sounds like he is 18.

If he wanted to be with you, he would have reached out a month ago. he does not want you, he also does not want anyone els to be with you. This is not because he cares, it is ego.

Seriously, you can do much better. You should be listening to your friends and HIS!

No I actually don't think you are delusional, i think he does still care but that doesn't mean he wants to get back.

I just read your previous thread, and the way you spoke to him right prior to him ending it, was very condescending, essentially scolding him like he was a child. Borderline belittling. And you implying it was over.

In my opinion, you left him no choice but to end it.

He also admitted to being intimidated by you; the way you described yourself (and him) in your previous thread, it's understandable why.

That said, he obviously has issues that existed way before you came along. Frankly I don't think he's capable of having a healthy functional relationship with any woman, but I think it's fairly obvious from the way he acted the night you ran into him he still cares, at least on some level.

But regretting his decision to end it, and wanting to go back??

No.

Continue no contact and moving on.

Sorry this is happening. Breakups suck and so does running into an ex. Unfortunately your friend seems like a bit of trouble maker. It would be best to stop engaging him this much if you happen to run into him. Just be polite and move on.

It would be best to delete and block him from messaging apps also. No he's not looking to reconcile, he was warning his coworker about you and probably not in a good way, given how drunken and hostile the whole breakup was..His text does not require a response.

I see him in person at a lounge 2 days ago!

-My friend was not so civil with him as she was there the night he broke up with me.

So eventually my ex leaves the bar late that night and texts me saying "It was nice to see you. Glad you are doing well. Hope i didnt upset you by telling my coworkers about our past. All the best".

Archived