LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excess saliva while kissing

Excess saliva while kissing

I don't know if this goes here, but I have a problem while kissing my Girlfriend, I have too much saliva, and she doesn't like it, she ends up wiping her face, or sometimes even refusing to kiss because she's disgusted by it, I've tried swallowing and evening wiping my lips dry before going for a kiss, but sometimes even that doesn't work, I have to concentrate too much in swallowing saliva while kissing and can't enjoy the kissing properly, I need help, I don't know what to do, I'm afraid she'll get bored of having a boyfriend she can't kiss because she's grossed of my saliva, any tips? Or ideas?

Have you asked your doctor about this?

Agree. See your doctor there are some simple conditions, such as allergies that may contribute to this. Also go to a dentist.
    Originally Posted by melancholy123
    Have you asked your doctor about this?

No, not yet, I've thinking about asking a doctor, to be honest it's kind of embarrassing to go to a doctor to ask why I have so much saliva when kissing, but I'm really worried about it so I think I'll go

Platinum Member
    Excess saliva can be caused by an infection. Saliva's role is to wash away bacteria, and send it down to the digestive tract, where your bile kills the bacteria.

See your dentist and your doctor to rule out an infection or other sources. You do not have to tell them it's produced while kissing; simply say you have excess saliva. They will know what sorts of tests to run.

Google "hypersalivation" it explains the condition.

I'm surprised you haven't, Google is your friend!

I google everything; I just googled "too much saliva" and hypersalivation popped up.

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Google "hypersalivation" it explains the condition.
    I'm surprised you haven't googled it, Google is your friend!

I google everything; I just googled "too much saliva" and hypersalivation popped up.
    I have googled it, the thing is, it never bothered my before, it's just when I kiss, that it bothers her, I never thought I had some sort of medical condition, it has been always normal for me, so I thought I was doing something wrong, and I discarded any search result about hypersalivation or anything medical related, now I'm starting to consider it

Originally Posted by kyouma11
    I have googled it, the thing is, it never bothered my before, it's just when I kiss, that it bothers her, I never thought I had some sort of medical condition, it has been always normal for me, so I thought I was doing something wrong, and I discarded any search result about hypersalivation or anything medical related, now I'm starting to consider it
    Then it's the way you kiss, you are what's known as a" "wet kisser" and yeah it's a turn off.

I actually stopped dating a guy many years ago because whenever we kissed, my entire face would be wet! Ick.

Learn to kiss properly would be my suggestion.

Bronze Member
    I wouldn't be apt to jump on the medical condition route, especially if this is how it's always been for you. Have you received complaints from other women before? I would concentrate on changing your technique; use a lot less tongue when you french kiss, perhaps kiss her more softly, don't have your mouth as open, etc. Try different styles of kissing to see if it helps.

Originally Posted by kyouma11
    No, not yet, I've thinking about asking a doctor, to be honest it's kind of embarrassing to go to a doctor to ask why I have so much saliva when kissing, but I'm really worried about it so I think I'll go
    Don't stress about being embarrassed, issues like this is what a Dr is there for.

As a man you need to get used to embarrassing situations. I'm fast approaching the age where I need a prostate exam and I'm dreading the thought of it.

A few years ago I had a vasectomy and it wasnt the most comfortable situation, when a nurse inspected my neither regions in an extremely swollen state ; )

Women go through far worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice