Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girlfriend doesn't know if she still loves me like she once did

So a few weeks went by and everything was turning out better until we went on vacation for 5 days in Colorado with her 4 year old daughter. She’s been saying I don’t help out or I don’t take the initiative to help. Now keep in mind she’s only said this the week we were in colorado, only because when we went grocery shopping to buy food for us at our Airbnb I didn’t help to unpack the groceries after I had brought them in. I don’t know why I didn’t do it, as I can’t remember but knowing myself I always unpack the groceries at home. She might have told me to watch her daughter while her and her friend did it or I just spaced out and didn’t do it at all. She also mentioned that I’ve been socially awkward around her and her friends that I’m there physically, but not mentally, as if I’m spaced out and high. I don’t see how, because when her friends were over, we were playing a drinking game and I was engaged with everyone. I won’t lie, we did smoke marijuana almost everyday so I can probably see why I was spaced out, but every little thing I did wrong in Colorado, she’s been knit picking and throwing it in my face. She even gave me an ultimatum that I have three months to “be the man she needs” and to socially be there for her or else we’re going to go out separate ways. I want to work it out, but it’s irritating how she think I’m not the man in the relationship. As far as her daughter is concerned, she’s really spoiled and is a mommy’s girl and the whole time in Colorado I basically babysat and carried her daughter where ever we went as the kid doesn’t like to walk due to being spoiled by her mom. And when I mentioned babysat, I watched her kid as she went out to “smoke” with her friends outside. I did mention to her that I felt left out and didn’t enjoy the idea of making me be the “babysitter,” and she apologized. What would you guys do in this situation? End it?

You can't control how she feels or what she does but when you argue and say hurtful things because you "just can't help yourself" or you feel the need to "hit back", realize that permanent damage is being done. You may be ok with all the bickering and name calling but clearly she is not. So if you want a better chance to make this thing work you need to immediately dial it down when there's conflict. Do you know that some people, such as myself, NEVER name call or say hurtful things to their partner? It's just so..unnecessary and hurtful. Why hurt the person you supposedly are in love with?

Platinum Member
    OP, this girl is not the one for you.

After all the threads you've created, and all the apparent doubts she has about you, it's clear to the casual observer that this just isn't working. She is already looking for reasons to end it and has been hinting at this for some time.

She's given you three months, but I think she's going to end it before that. Sorry, man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice