Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: divorce?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by wtm78
    Because she threatens to sucide, I have already explained that earlier
    Then you call her an ambulance. There is no need to be held hostage. What is happening here is not love itís two people wanting their own way . She threatens suicide you call her and ambulance and they take her to a hospital for three days .

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Threatening suicide means she needs mental help. When my husband tried to commit suicide I got him to a hospital and he voluntarily committed himself to the psychiatric ward until he was stable and could come home .

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Then you call her an ambulance. There is no need to be held hostage. What is happening here is not love itís two people wanting their own way . She threatens suicide you call her and ambulance and they take her to a hospital for three days .
    Excellent point! I also believe that someone who is always talking about suicide will not actually do it. People who are serious about committing suicide don't advertise it. Like Seraphim said "There is no need to be held hostage." She's threatening you. Are you willing to live the rest of your life like this? Wake up, please.

Many years ago, one of my STBX's kept saying that she would commit suicide if he left her. After hearing her say that many times, he finally told her to "make sure that you go up to the roof to do it." That was the last time she said that to him!

My point was that she need mental help. If you even threaten it it still means you need help wether you do it or not. If someone even threatens it they are in mental distress.

Platinum Member
    Someone who lived in my dorm in college was planning to break up with her boyfriend back home. He told her if she did he would kill himself. She stayed firm and went through with the breakup, but unfortunately didn't notify anyone of his suicide threats (in her defense, she was a 19 year old kid). He did in fact, sadly, end up committing suicide.

It's vital that if anyone you know threatens suicide, you call the proper authorities or at the very least notify one of their close family members. If they're using the threats as a manipulative tactic you will find out soon enough. And they won't use that tactic again after they're placed on a mandatory 3 day hold. If they are serious, they do need the help. So calling authorities or notifying family is a win-win no matter which way it goes.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    My point was that she need mental help. If you even threaten it it still means you need help wether you do it or not. If someone even threatens it they are in mental distress.
    Yes, I do agree.

Originally Posted by maew
    Having read his other threads I get more of a sense that the OP is critical, controlling and negative and picks away at her, while his wife is completely defiant, rebellious, and childish. At the end of the day it sounds more like a father - teenage daughter relationship then it does a marriage!
    You have a point. What are the ages here and the financial dynamics?

Many years ago I had an ex that would threaten suicide every time I wanted to break up from our toxic relationship. One day I had enough and said I was going to call his parents and an ambulance and all of a sudden he stopped and never did it again (in this instance I knew he was doing this to manipulate me but even if the suicide threat is real or not, that person needs help of a professional)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice