Playing it cool

confused994

Posting for a friend:

I started talking to this guy about 2 months ago on and off. Mostly sexual in nature but we are also friends and have been casual friends for several months. I’ve caught feelings and I shared that with him but he said he’s just looking for something casual right now He’s a bit older than me and I’m having trouble learning how to communicate as it’s been a while since I’ve entered this arena, I’m newly single. He travels for work so most of our communication is over text. I want to keep my cool and have the upper hand which I’ve already blew but I want to get it back and keep it. Even if things don’t work out with him I want to remain in control of my emotions not just with him but in the future with other men. Please give me tips on texting dos and donts and advice on how to remain admirable and not needy. Some specific techniques would be great especially from a mans point of view. We are talking about grown adult men not young and immature.TIA

Even if you are unhappily married it's hard to have the upper hand if it is just hooking up or sexting because it is what it is.

I want to keep my cool and have the upper hand which I’ve already blew but I want to get it back and keep it. Even if things don’t work out with him I want to remain in control of my emotions not just with him but in the future with other men.

Yeah, I agree with SherrySher. She should stop sexting this guy. He just wants sex. If she keeps this up, she'll wind the guy up and he'll be howling at her door like a cat in heat. And how much older are we talking about? Is this some sort of girlish infatuation?

I’ve caught feelings and I shared that with him but he said he’s just looking for something casual right now
You've caught feelings for him. It's too late for you (your cousin) to play it cool and be the good eff buddy now. You've got to keep it cool and be the indifferent buddy from the beginning.

If you (your cousin) could handle what you're asking for advice on, you'd not need to be asking for advice and this thread wouldn't exist.

Seems to be quite an epidemic of unhappily married women sexting their cheating husband's employees and enjoying junk pics from them who are asking for advice on how to send more enticing sexts...Whew sounds like a soap opera town .

this isn’t actually for me- it’s for my cousin. She’s in an oddly similar situation. Notice I said I posted for a friend lol

Archived