Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing it cool

Playing it cool

Posting for a friend:
    I started talking to this guy about 2 months ago on and off. Mostly sexual in nature but we are also friends and have been casual friends for several months. Iíve caught feelings and I shared that with him but he said heís just looking for something casual right now Heís a bit older than me and Iím having trouble learning how to communicate as itís been a while since Iíve entered this arena, Iím newly single. He travels for work so most of our communication is over text. I want to keep my cool and have the upper hand which Iíve already blew but I want to get it back and keep it. Even if things donít work out with him I want to remain in control of my emotions not just with him but in the future with other men. Please give me tips on texting dos and donts and advice on how to remain admirable and not needy. Some specific techniques would be great especially from a mans point of view. We are talking about grown adult men not young and immature.TIA

Even if you are unhappily married it's hard to have the upper hand if it is just hooking up or sexting because it is what it is.
    Originally Posted by confused994
    I want to keep my cool and have the upper hand which Iíve already blew but I want to get it back and keep it. Even if things donít work out with him I want to remain in control of my emotions not just with him but in the future with other men.

Thanks a lot, I remember you- but this isnít actually for me- itís for my cousin. Sheís in an oddly similar situation lol but I told her how helpful you all were to me. Also, Iíll let you know I cut off contact with that guy and things are great for me so far

Notice I said I posted for a friend lol

Oh right.."for a friend"

Why is she not posting for herself?

he said heís just looking for something casual right now
    Believe him...he's just looking for a play thing right now. If your "friend" wants more, she's going to have to go to a different man who wants the same.
    This guy only want to mess around with no intentions or feelings.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by confused994
    Notice I said I posted for a friend lol
    This is gonna be confusing for people, why didn't you use "she" instead of "I"?

You may have to keep reminding people it's not you.

This is why I come to these forums.

Platinum Member
    Yeah, I agree with SherrySher. She should stop sexting this guy. He just wants sex. If she keeps this up, she'll wind the guy up and he'll be howling at her door like a cat in heat. And how much older are we talking about? Is this some sort of girlish infatuation?

she'll wind the guy up and he'll be howling at her door like a cat in heat
    Every girls dream...lololol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice