Girl doesnt believe in love

So I met this amazing girl a few months ago, we have hung out a few times and after long conversation with her i discovered, as she says “I dont believe in love, I dont think it exists”. I really like this girl and I need to convince her that love exists. I need help please, i have tried really hard to think of something heartfelt to convince her but i need just a little bit more. Please, please help.

I really like this girl and I need to convince her that love exists.

No, you don’t need to convince her or try to change her belief. This is who she is and what she values. Take it or leave it. Don’t try to change someone.

She is telling you that she is not ready for a relationship. Move on.

Unfortunately this sounds like a twist on friendzoning. Don't convince her of anything. Simply ask her out on real dates and see if she is interested in a dating situation with you.

I met this amazing girl a few months ago, we have hung out a few times and after long conversation with her i discovered, as she says “I dont believe in love, I dont think it exists”.

I presume she is the same age as you buddy ...16 is too young to be bothering yourself with trying to make someone believe in love . You need to just enjoy life and girls and having some fun .

but 16 or 46 , people need to find their own way with concerns of the heart ....and when that right person comes along , there is not a lot you can do to stop the love .

She is interested in dating me. Everyones advice is very helpful thank you all, maybe i have a bit of trouble with getting stuck in the moment. I realise i am 16 and that is young, and I want to have fun, but i want to have fun with the fun girl. i dont want sex and drugs and alcohol, i like the cheesy stuff, i wanna hold someone, be the person that someone loves, my life has made sure i got minimal love, i just wanna give it to people the way i never got it. Im stupid about it sometimes, but thats just me. I will try it slow with this girl, after previous experience of getting played im not falling into that again, so if i can avoid it, im not interested in booking a holiday in the friendzone.

If a person is a challenge, she's not right for you. You shouldn't have to break down barriers or convince them of anything. When you're not happy with someone "as is" and will only be happy if they change, you're wasting you're time. She has the right to be who she is without the look of disappointment on your face, and telling her she's wrong.

You likely have many dating experiences ahead in your life, as most people don't normally stay a lifetime with someone they met in their teen years. If you're already upset and frustrated before this has even begun, just think how much more upset you'll be when you get more and more attached and she's still not the romantic kind of girl you seek. Use your brain in conjunction with your heart to make wiser choices of who you pursue in the romance department.

If that's how she feels. It's how she feels.

One day when the right person comes along it may change her mind.

But if she has grown up and seen relationships around her failed. Would easily make someone believe that.

Nothing against you and you could try. Know she is closed off for what ever reason. Whether it's childhood or whatever.

Another poster mentioned you was 16! At 16 looking back I was never in love myself. So for to think it doesn't exist so young... Isn't shocking really.

Thanks for all the help, I think I get it now. Don’t expect how to change for me, I don’t want to be selfish or inconsiderate so that is good advice, I’ll just go on a couple dates and see where is goes I guess.

I think you should definitely continue dating as you are both young!

What ever way you look at it it's a growing experience for you too.

Especially in today's society there are many people closed off to love for all sorts of reasons. This girl way open up with you. She may not. But you'll grow from it either way. Young love is a beautiful thing.

So I met this amazing girl a few months ago, we have hung out a few times and after long conversation with her i discovered, as she says “I dont believe in love, I dont think it exists”. I really like this girl and I need to convince her that love exists. I need help please, i have tried really hard to think of something heartfelt to convince her but i need just a little bit more. Please, please help.

After a couple of kisses and hugs, she might change her mind.

You know I’m not ready to jump on the baby it’s cold outside banning movement but I think this post is evidence that we as a society need to do better with teaching our young boys how to respect a woman’s autonomy.

You know I’m not ready to jump on the baby it’s cold outside banning movement but I think this post is evidence that we as a society need to do better with teaching our young boys how to respect a woman’s autonomy.

Quick side note, I never grew up with a father to teach me how the world works, my mother wasnt a great parent either as she is a drug addict. I know im no expery and i am trying to get better at reading people.

Quick side note, I never grew up with a father to teach me how the world works, my mother wasnt a great parent either as she is a drug addict. I know im no expery and i am trying to get better at reading people.

aww mate you have had a hard time ....well I can tell you now you arn't doing a bad job on yourself to say you haven't had the best start . You are very mature for your years , a beautiful , kind , respectful soul , always be * just you * because just you is wonderful .

Im not blaming you.

My exact words were: I think this post is evidence that we as a society need to do better with teaching our young boys how to respect a woman’s autonomy.

Which we clearly do. Im sorry your upbringing was rough but youre doing the right thing asking and learning.

I wish you luck. I think you will be ok.

• 2 months later...

Yea so, update, everything went really well with the girl, we never got together but through my devilish charm and amazing flirting skills (not really) i was able to convince her that love exists. Hoo-ray.. but i have another problem. So here the details.

I went with the movies with her about 5 times, I am so unoriginal, but we also went bowling and had dinner and got milkshakes other times. Things were amazing, and although she irratated me a little because she wouldn’t let me pay for all the dates, she was amazing (Notice the past tense). We would talk for hours and hours each day, only stopping if she or I had work. I got to know a beautiful and vibrant girl, full of purity. She is kind and caring and mature. But she didn’t just have an amazing personality, but she was stunningly beautiful. She looked her best without make-up, because I loved her freckles. She was almost a mirror personality to me, childing and funny, but mature and smart. She grew up in a home not too unlike my own, abuse and all that jazz, not a loving home, so she could relate, she truely understood how I felt. I fell deeper for her than I ever had for any other girl. And I didn’t end up on a vacation to the friendzone which is a bonus. I felt this weird way when I was around her, not like a crush, or even like i was ‘just’ into her. I had the infamous “butterflies”, I was so nervous one date that my hands were visibly shaking. My history was unloving and unkind, and it haunts me to this day. But one of her amazing talents was her ability to keep me away from the bad thought. When I was with her, I was thinking about nothing but her smile and her eyes and her perfect hair. I would never stop smiling when I was with her, she doesn’t deserve anything other than a smile. I had not felt this happy, truely happy, in a very long time. I have a good sense of humour, which I have developed over time to mask my inner sadness, as most people who have dabbled with depression tent to do. But with her, it wasn’t fake smiles for once, it was pure, unsaturated, 100% Bull-Free happiness. (Keep in mind all of these dates happened during 2 months of school holidays).

So now that you have an idea of how I felt and how things went, here is where I managed to screw up again.

The school year was approaching and the holidays were drawing to a close. I had planned one more date before school and thats when I took her bowling (with a couple friends because I am still an awkward p*ssy). This year is my last year of school, the big 12 and with school approaching I knew things would change, but i thought they wpuld change in a good way. I was feeling very pressured by my Carer who had made it clear to me that this girl needed to know I would not have a lot of time to dedicate to her if she was “only a friend”. I wrote a big message in my notes detailing how i felt about her, what was going to happen when I went back to school, and that I needed to know if “us” was going anywhere. I had no idea that i sounded like such a d*ck. Anyways, she didnt react well to that. She didn’t get angry, but she was very upset. She told me that she loved what we had and that she had actual feeling of love towards me, but she was too scarred from a previous relationship to start another one. This ‘previous relationship’ had ended nearly 3 years ago. She had told me that her boyfriend used her for sex, and whilst she enjoyed sex, she didnt feel like he loved him. He said he didnt love her, admitted to using her for sex, broke up with her and continues to verbally harrass her for the following 2 years before she moved here. I fully understand why she might be hurt by the past, but there is a quote which had been chopped and changed. “If you do not heal your wounds from people on your past, you will bleed on the people you have today.” This quote spoke to me. I can empathise with her, but I went through a great deal of emotions from SK (read my early posts for context if you like). But although SK broke me, I was able to open up to her and show her the love that I had never been given back.

The feeling I have for her never faded. We talk every few days but it is not the same, we don’t flirt anymore and we dont talk about what happened. I need to fix it, I need to try to get her back. She deserves more than for me to just give up because of a mistake.

If anyone can help, please message me and I can answer an questions and take any advice.

I won’t be posting anymore for a while, at least not about this girl. I have once again failed. Short version of the story, she is now dating my best friend. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Archived