My grandma likes my ex more than me..

Amc808

Me and my ex where together for 8 years, when I brought him around to my family everyone loved him but the relationship didn't workout so I broke up with him and moved in with my grandma, prior to the break up me and my grandma never had a close relationship before and thought we were getting close but my grandma still talks with my ex occasionally. She likes every one of his post on social media but when it comes to mine she doesn't. Am I over reacting? I feel stupid because its only social media? Should I ask him to delete my grandma from fb?

Did you live with your bf? Why did you move in with your grandmother? Perhaps she thinks you should be out on your own or living with a partner or married. Ask your grandmother to please stop communicating with him. Why are you still communicating with him? Are you trying to get back together?

You most of all should be deleting and blocking him and all his people from all your messaging apps and social media. That would solve all your problems.

Me and my ex where together for 8 years. I broke up with him and moved in with my grandma. my grandma still talks with my ex occasionally.

Yeah, I agree with Wiseman, to heal you've got to cut off all communications with your ex, including stop stalking his social media. Your grandma and your ex can do what they like. If grandma brings him up, say you don't want to talk about him. And you should probably make plans to move from grandma's house as soon as you can.

Maybe because you are living there she feels she doesn't need to give attention in that way ...but as she doesn't see your ex anymore she is probably still trying to be friendly by liking his stuff so he knows she is still thinking of him .

Sadly this stuff happens , it is a real grey area ..should families remove the exes and vice versa ? Everyone does it differently . He may not want to remove her because she is Grandma . This will all probably wear off in its own time .

Breakups are hard... and they are SO much harder in some ways in the age of social media.

When we bring a partner into our lives and introduce them to family and friends, we ask our “people” to take them into their hearts and form relationships with them... and they do! They did not ask for this person to be in their life - but they go with it and they form real relationships. When a breakup happens, they need to sever this relationship... but again... they did not ask for this to happen. They don’t have anything against this person (unless there was abuse, etc). It’s the result of something they have no control over.

... and then there’s the whole “but what if they ever get back together?” thing. You don’t want to be too ruthless dropping someone’s ex - because if they get back together then they could have hard feelings against you!

Your grandmother is just trying to be nice. And she’s probably acting on the relationship she formed with him (which is independent of you). It’s not a reflection of her love for you. It’s not a reflection of her loyalty to you. It’s just hard for everybody.

... and if she’s your grandmother, I’m guessing she may not be social media savvy as well.

My advice to you is just to cut her some slack. Get yourself off social media for a while. It will help. Their interactions will die off naturally in a bit. In the meantime, if it really bothers you, you can always speak to your grandmother and ask her to remove your ex and tell her that it hurts you. But... try not to accuse her of loving you less or anything... it was her act of love for YOU that she accepted him into her heart. She’s probably just trying to do her best in a sucky situation for everybody.

Wiseman2 Yes,I lived with him for 7 years, I was engaged. Moved in with my grandma because I had no place to go after I broke up with him and I wanted to move out asap and Not trying to get back with him he was an emotional abuser when he got mad he was very spiteful.

I was only supposed to live with my grandma temporarily but a year ago, a month after I broke up with my fiance I broke my leg in two place and got a really bad infection within the bone. after my leg healed i had to move out of the room I was renting but the guy only gave me a week to find a place. so that's why I moved in with my grandma and try to save some money for an appartment but my infection in my leg came back so I was bed ridden for about 3 months. It was a mild set back I'm all better now just trying pay off some medical bills and will be returning back to work soon.

Sorry this happened. You did a smart and wise thing getting away from him. Confide in your grandmother that he is abusive and you need to cut off all forms of contact from him.

I broke up with him and I wanted to move out asap and Not trying to get back with him he was an emotional abuser when he got mad he was very spiteful.

Archived