Someone elses devastating loss

1a1a

Just found out the boss for one of the places I work lost his younger brother last week. I knew him, he worked as crew for a while, super stresshead but very earnest and good hearted and wanted to do a good job for his older bro (who's managing style aint great and didn't help deescalate the stresseyness). The younger brother had stepped back from working at that place after a while (not a good fit) but I guess he was still coming in from time to time because my friend works there full time and knew him well. I haven't seen him in over a year but I guess I abstractly wished well for him. I'm sad to hear he's gone. This isn't my grief to bare but I still feel sad about it. Very on the outside of the circle of care in this instance though, which is why I'm posting here instead of talking to anyone. I feel sad for the younger bro dying way too young and sad for my boss who has to live through this loss and impotent I guess because I am too far removed to be a support for anyone.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It creates a vacuum in us no matter what our relationship is with them or the ones associated to them.

My boss recently lost his wife of 20 years and while I don't see any significant change in him (he is very good at hiding his grief), I work with him close enough to know when he needs a moment.

Sometimes all they need is our prayers and silently support them in whatever they need to do.

Archived