Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife Travels Abroad Often Without Me

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Then why in the name of all that is good are you catering to her?

Do you not know how to say "NO?"
    This is the relevant question.

She's doing this because you're allowing it. You're allowing her to walk all over you, come and go as she pleases.

it sounds like bad news.
    i do believe you need to stop as this is no longer a marriage - you are her traveling budget and atm for anything she doesnít want to pay for.

its time to get a divorce and hire a very good lawyer to fight for you so you pay as little as possible for the child since she keeps taking your child away from you ON HER OWN ACCORD.. therefore she needs to pay for her child for all these things she insists on taking her on. NOT you.

good luck.

Platinum Member
    Where is she getting her money? Cut her off. You're the man. Put your foot down. Apparently she doesn't work. Don't give her any money to travel.

In the best interest of my marriage I have always given the consent form. Not giving it will only make matters worse I guess. But you are right, I should start putting my foot down from here on and man up.

My parents give her forex when she travels to cater to her needs. They are very affluent people. But I need to make it clear to them this should not happen the next time. The problem is that when I say no to a foreign ticket she is quick to respond and says her sister will pay for it. I am embroiled in tough circumstances.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Do you need to consent to your child leaving your country? If so it is your right to refuse. Iím Canadian and both parents here must give consent for their child to leave the country .

Of course it's irrelevant if she is "allowed" to travel with your infant. This is not a child abduction case. What is relevant is that these extended trips to her family have been a fixture for a long time. Each time during the holidays, your birthday, etc. She seems quite close to her family and her family all seem to operate in this manner. Is it possible for you to join her?
    Originally Posted by bebopower793
    The problem is that when I say no to a foreign ticket she is quick to respond and says her sister will pay for it.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Of course it's irrelevant if she is "allowed" to travel with your infant. This is not a child abduction case. What is relevant is that these extended trips to her family have been a fixture for a long time. Each time during the holidays, your birthday, etc. She seems quite close to her family and her family all seem to operate in this manner. Is it possible for you to join her?
    It is absolutely relevant. If he is allowing it, then she clearly thinks itís ok. He can say no.

There is little mention of "we" or "our" in your statements--mostly "my daughter," not "our daughter." You two are not a team. You are lacking an emotional connection. Loving, healthy couples have discussions about major issues and come up with a consensus. If a couple can't achieve these communication skills by reading books about couples communication, marital counseling will be the only way to achieve this. If she won't agree to that, tell her of the seriousness of the matter and possible consequences so she will agree. If she doesn't care about your feelings, you have some serious decisions to make.

Platinum Member
    OP, have you ever discussed these issues with your wife?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice