How many times is enough repeating this?

I would like to know an opinion probably from you experience, how many times is it enough to repeat a presentation of 30 min, before you will be ready to excel it?

Like 10 times would it be enough? I havent started yet, and I dont know how I will feel after 10 times, but I wanted to measure it earlier.

Depends on the person, but agreed with maew. The idea is to have what your saying reflect material presented on the slide and for your speech to be smooth. Your knowledge should be such that if someone stops you and asks a question, you are generally prepared to answer it (but a genuine "I'm not sure, I'll have to look into that" can be appropriate as well - just not every time).

If you are someone who is nervous public speaking, try to recruit a few individuals to practice in front of at least once. Also, you can practice a skill called "cope ahead" where you vividly imagine yourself being skillful in the situation, and then consider all that can go wrong and prepare yourself for the worst consequence. Though a bad grade or a snicker may seem like the end of the world, it really isn't and it's good to remind your body that you aren't in a life-threatening position.

Good luck!

I think it's until you feel comfortable.

For me feeling comfortable is by knowing what to expect on each slide when I'm done with one. If it's a PowerPoint presentation. Also could be a A0 poster or something. Again it would be familiarizing myself with each section and only needing one word to prompt be for that area.

My family must get annoyed but I have a few run throughs with them as my audition. Then I can get feedback and see if I am too fast or too slow.

Also timing yourself is a good thing. So you know if you have time to play with or need to speed up.

Also the recording like maew suggested. Although I would cringe watching myself back!

Some of my peers liked to script it and make a speech. This may help you. I personally found it more pressure trying to follow that and used the slides as a prompt.

Good luck with it. Remember to take your time. I always find a glass of water with me helps. Can have a sip between slides. Gives you a chance to gather your thoughts and not get dry mouth!

I'm sure you'll smash it!

Archived