LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am i overthinking? Partner wants to go away alone

Am i overthinking? Partner wants to go away alone

My partner of 15 months wants to go away fishing and camping alone for 3 days and didnt invite me ..
    Now i love camping and fishing and its on a weekend when i can go
    He is on his last week of holidays and says he wants to enjoy his last few days offs doing what he loves which is catching big fish lol
    We are going away for a few days together just before he goes but find it strange he is going alone (all his friends are working or busy)
    Whats your thoughts?

Youíre overthinking.

Some people fish to escape. Give him his space.

My thoughts are; Wowzer going camping near a lake all by myself sounds awesome.

I too think you're over-acting. Let him enjoy the peace while you book a fab girls night and a spa day so you can experience some of your own zen.

Everyone needs their alone time, I donít find it strange at all unless there are other circumstances you havenít mentioned

Thanks for the replies
    Other circumstances?
    Only that its 4 hours drive and on the beach with little to no reception ..he has been a few times with mates but hsnt taken me for a while ..thats the only other circumstances can think of

Well you're going away together before he leaves, so what's the issue again?

Not getting why him wanting to get away for a few days on his own (no matter where he's going) troubles you so much; not to sound flip, but are you joined at the hip or something?

If so, that isn't healthy, time away from each other is good once in awhile -- gives you both a chance to miss each other, and keeps the RL from becoming stale, same ole, same ole, routine. Yawn.

I presume you have friends you can hang with during that time?

Let the dude have some time for himself. He's already going away with you before. He's not obligated to spend his whole holiday with you nor to justify himself for wanting to have some time for himself.

No way joined at the hip lol
    I have friends thats no.issue at all but i do need to ki da give them notice as they all very busy people
    He given me 10 days notice so yeh
    But plenty to do and i actually love me time
    His brother goes camping away alot and takes a girl other than his gf and my partner told me this so maybe thats just on my mind !

Originally Posted by Pocketrocket
    No way joined at the hip lol
    I have friends thats no.issue at all but i do need to ki da give them notice as they all very busy people
    He given me 10 days notice so yeh
    But plenty to do and i actually love me time
    His brother goes camping away alot and takes a girl other than his gf and my partner told me this so maybe thats just on my mind !
    Well, yea... a cheating brother that takes the other woman camping would tend to raise a red flag. Hopefully your partner thinks his brother is the pig that he is????

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Well, yea... a cheating brother that takes the other woman camping would tend to raise a red flag. Hopefully your partner thinks his brother is the pig that he is????
    He thinks he is a pig yes.. but they get along
    And my partner says he just minds his own business doesn't want ti get involved

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice