Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: She blocked me suddenly :(

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SilverFactory
    Thank you..

It's so easy for her to find dates. There will be guys lined up in her inbox.. but for men its so difficult, especially at my age. I have been on that online site for 8 years and this was the first time I was able to get to the 2nd date with a woman. and now its gone and I don't even know what mistake I made :(
    Sorry this happened, SilverFactory. In her mind, she didn't think you two were compatible. You didn't make a mistake. Hard to say why she blocked you, then unblocked you, and confessed to this - a bit bizarre. Just don't take it personally though. The fact that she did this and then told you about it makes me think she's a bit off and well, dramatic.

Since this was the first time you had a second date with a woman on this site in 8 years, I'm guessing this may have gotten your hopes up, and therefore you were really hoping for a better outcome (and you thought that you had potentially found the "one").

Therefore what happened with this lady is going to sting a bit more because you're not meeting other women.

I have to ask, have you tried other sites? Have you had friends or anyone else look at your online profile to provide you with feedback?

Have you spoken with female friends to get their perspective?

With all due respect, I'm just trying to understand why this was the first time you had a second date with a woman from this site in 8 years.

The whole thing sounds like typical bull from a woman , sorry man . Jesus , you go out of your way , put miles on your car and in return , you get blocked for vauge and nonsensical reasons.

As you stated , it sucks to be a guy dating because women have a stacked inbox , men donít . Sorry you had to deal with this , try and brush it off , NEXT!

Hey, hey. It's not all good on the women's side. We have to deal with the majority of those messages asking for sex or really slimey compliments that aren't appreciated or welcomed.
    Then if we do make it to the first date, many want a one night stand or casual sex. And last but not least,men end up being deadbeats or not worth the effort, or abusive, etc.
    Oh, and lets not forget married men posing as single...grrrrr.

The unfortunate truth is, many are on dating sites due to not being a great catch.

So it's not all men having the hard time.

Trying to find someone decent is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!!!!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Hey, hey. It's not all good on the women's side. We have to deal with the majority of those messages asking for sex or really slimey compliments that aren't appreciated or welcomed.
    Then if we do make it to the first date, many want a one night stand or casual sex. And last but not least,men end up being deadbeats or not worth the effort, or abusive, etc.
    Oh, and lets not forget married men posing as single...grrrrr.

The unfortunate truth is, many are on dating sites due to not being a great catch.

So it's not all men having the hard time.

Trying to find someone decent is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!!!!
    Five star answer!!!!!!!

Silver Member
    Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond.

Today evening I showed the entire message exchange between me and her to a close friend of mine and he immediately pointed out something that never crossed my mind.

So before her trip I asked her if anyone was dropping her at the airport and she said that a friend was dropping her. I then said that I can actually drop her and she felt glad and said "so sweet of you.. thanks." Then she asked "are you sure? its a long way for you to come here, pick me up, and then again a long way to drop me at the airport" and I replied "yes I am sure". At this point she said "Let me think about it" and after couple of minutes said "I will just go with my friend because my dog will be riding with me.. And I donít know if you will be okay with it." Then she started asking me the questions that I had mentioned earlier.

My friend pointed this to me and said that instead of using this opportunity to spend time with me she basically talks about her dog and then excuses herself.. He said that she was basically avoiding the car ride with me because she doesn't want to spend anymore alone time with me without knowing more about me... and her way of knowing more about me was asking a bunch of questions over text. And as I had mentioned earlier I got frustrated answering the same questions over and over again and we got into a fight after which I called her and pacified her.. during the call I told her that if we went to the airport together she could use that time and ask all the questions she wanted directly to my face.. but I guess she had made up her mind by then because she said "I don't know anything about you and so I am asking questions.. but you are getting frustrated.. so now I cannot ask you any more questions. Let's stop talking".

This kinda makes sense to me... I mean, if a woman was interested in a man will she not get excited about spending time with him? It looks like this woman first wanted to know everything about me before spending more alone time with me..

Platinum Member
    When you asked if she wanted a ride, she was no longer interested. She declined your offer, politely.

Offering to take this woman to the airport after two dates was too much. The fact that you that you live two hours away, was over-the-top. I think that you push too much, too soon. You need to pull way back, this may be why you are not getting more second dates. Don't be so overly eager.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    When you asked if she wanted a ride, she was no longer interested. She declined your offer, politely.

Offering to take this woman to the airport after two dates was too much. The fact that you that you live two hours away, was over-the-top. I think that you push too much, too soon. You need to pull way back, this may be why you are not getting more second dates. Don't be so overly eager.
    Thanks. There was a reason I offered to drop her at the airport..

after the second date she said "I felt like we did not spend enough time with each other". So I thought dropping her at the airport was a chance to spend time with her before she went on her trip.

Platinum Member
    I think that another date would have been better. I strongly suggest you stay local.

Platinum Member
    Eh, I think she was just not as interested in you and listed the dog and eating habits as reasons to cut you loose because she didn't know how to be honest that she simply didn't feel a spark with you.

It hurts to be blocked but I don't get the impression she would have been a good match for you anyway. Also, as Holly suggests, you got attached to the idea of her too quickly. Next time, try to keep your expectations a bit more grounded and don't feel you need to campaign for a stranger's affections.

She has a very specific nonnegotiable husband hunting checklist.🚭📑 These were interviews, not dates.

Jump for joy that you didn't get the job of future husband. She's a headache you don't need.

Block and delete her and let her and her dog go eat some kale together.🐶🥦
    Originally Posted by SilverFactory
    she repeatedly asked me how I was single for such a long time
    She also asked me other questions like if I smoke, drink, etc.
    I don't have a pet and I won't feel comfortable with her dog around..
    then she mentioned that she is vegetarian and I am non-vegetarian..
    then she slowly started asking questions again - do you smoke, do you drink, when was your last serious relationship, why you didn't have a girlfriend for such a long time, etc.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice