Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: She blocked me suddenly :(

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    The issue is you said you donít want to be around her dog.

And, presumably, that you want to eat meat around her. Or have her cook it maybe?

Both are valid.
    Nope. I never said I don't want to be around her dog. and I never said I will eat meat in front of her or ask her to cook for me. I don't know where in my post you read that.

She blocked me suddenly :(

Originally Posted by SilverFactory
    Nope. I never said I don't want to be around her dog. and I never said I will eat meat in front of her or ask her to cook for me. I don't know where in my post you read that.
    Your OP said you wonít feel comfortable around her dog- did she assume you felt that way or had you said that?

Also. Never said that YOU said anything about the meat. But it sounds like you had a conversation of diet. No?

Platinum Member

We again met for the 2nd date and this date also went well. She was just a few days away from going on a trip to India to meet her family. Couple of days later I asked her if I can drop her at the airport. She was very glad but said she has to drop her dog off at the care center and declined my offer. Then she brought up the fact that I don't have a pet and I won't feel comfortable with her dog around.. then she mentioned that she is vegetarian and I am non-vegetarian.. then she slowly started asking questions again - do you smoke, do you drink, when was your last serious relationship, why you didn't have a girlfriend for such a long time, etc. At one point I got frustrated and we got into a minor fight. She said we should end things as I don't feel comfortable answering her questions. I then called her and somehow patched up things and we decided to continue.
    Honestly OP I think it's what's in bold.

I know you said you patched things up, but sometimes it takes us awhile to process things, and after re-thinking, she changed her mind and realized you and she just weren't a good fit.

Moving forward there are better ways to evade a woman's invasive questions, or what you consider to be invasive, other than becoming frustrated and then fighting about it, no matter how minor the fight was.

I mean, you had only had two dates, not the time to voice frustration, she's trying to get to know you.

If you don't wish to answer via text, fair enough, tell her you would prefer to discuss such things in person on your next date.

I think that was it though, sorry.

She sounds like a nutcase to be honest. I don't think you lost out on anything.

But just the same, it sounds as though she didn't feel you two were compatible.

Probably for the best. Hope you can move on and find someone else who is more suitable.

I'm sorry she handled things like that. Nobody feels good about being blocked. Having said that, it sounds like the online dating thing hasn't been that successful, and you may have put all your proverbial eggs in her basket due to a feeling of "lack." How is your social life, otherwise? Do you have a circle of friends/activities where you can meet people face to face? What about trying something like meetup.com where the focus is on the activity and not dating? Maybe that would take some of the eight years of waiting feeling away.

Gold Member
    Yes, I have stated the details clearly in my profile on the dating site. Before giving her number she asked if I smoke and drink and I answered her truthfully.. which is - I don't smoke, I drink on social occasions. She also knew that I was non-vegetarian. It was only after this she even gave her phone number to me. I am from India as well and belong to the same religion as her but from different caste (hence the veg/non-veg differences).

When the dog issue came up I was again honest and said that I have never had pets BUT I can become comfortable with a dog. So I am not sure how this is an issue..

Her place is almost a 2hr drive but I drove all the way for the 2 dates.. I also offered to pick her up from her place (2 hr drive) and drop her at the airport (another 1.5 hr drive). and after all this she just blocks me :(
    Thanks for clarifying. Polar opposites with religion can be problematic. For some it works, for many, it doesn't. You are both in a similar realm, so this is good.

However, there are 101 other reasons you are both not compatible. She recognizes it. You don't.

I agree with the above poster that she "sounds like a nutcase." I don't agree that she's a "nutcase," necessarily, but I do agree that she is far too rigid and she does border on drama and judgment and a little nutcas-ey...don't you think? I mean, in the two dates you had, there is a laundry list of check-boxes on what is expected and "the perfect man", check, and there is no wiggle room...at all...high maintenance, unbending, uncompromising, rigid.

That's her prerogative. If alcohol and meat are that problematic for her, why invite this drama into her life? And then she invited it...then she backed out...tried again...backed off and blocked from nowhere...drama...do you really need this drama? This anxiety?

She's very clear on her ticker-tape, check-boxes on "the perfect man," and I'm sorry to say, you're not on the list...and I think you are better off for it.

It's no fun to live in constant criticism and judgement and having to comply to them, while they never comply to you.

Platinum Member
    You need to leave her alone. she is not interested!

Platinum Member
    Thanks. I don't understand her decision to block me.. I feel its cruel
    It was only two dates. Do you always get attached so quickly? You do not know this woman.

You also need to find someone local

Platinum Member
    You know, people just make up crazy excuses to break up thinking that they're letting the other person down easily. But it really comes down to she just didn't like you for whatever reason. (I'm guessing it because you're not Indian and her family probably wouldn't accept you.) It's not the dog, the fact that you eat meat, or you once smoked, or you're not divorced. So stop fixating on those reasons. You're fine.

The other thing is that online dating is a bit of a scam. Dating sites have very few paying customers and the numbers of members are inflated. Other than Tinder, dating sites favor women, not men. You're best bet is trying to meet people in the flesh. You have to talk to people. Don't be afraid to ask someone out. Ask your friends if they know of anyone single around your age. You've got to network, just like finding a job. You've got to ask around. You've got the Christmas season coming up. Take advantage of it to ask around. Most women your age know other women your age. You just got to keep trying.

I'm sorry that you're hurt, but she has made it more than clear that she is NOT interested in you. That's your cue to walk away and keep walking and never look back. Who cares what her reasons are - for her it just wasn't what she was looking for. Find someone who really cares about you and who is genuinely interested in YOU. She definitely is NOT.

Lose her number. Go full NC. The sooner the better. You can do better than her.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice