Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happens after a one night stand?

What happens after a one night stand?

I had my first ever hookup with a guy from Tinder a few nights ago. We watched a movie at his place, hooked up, etc. So what usually happens after? Is it a bad sign if he doesn’t contact again or is it the norm that there’s no reason to text a one night stand again? Thanks!

well.. if it was truly a “one night stand” and that was the agreement going in.. then the name says it all.. it was a 1X deal and that’s it. have a good life.

if it wasn’t clearly agreed upon as a “one night stand” (but then again it must’ve been for you to even say “i had a one night stand”), then ask the question and find out if they’re interested in seeing you again - and clarify under what premise they are interested in continuing to see you.

its always important to make it clear if it’s not rather then let it dwell and be left to wonder and then get hurt.

good luck

.....well....it's called a one night stand precisely because it's a one time deal. So nothing happens after a one night stand. No calls, no texts, no talking, no dates, just nothing. It's just one and done.

What do you want to see happen? Hookups? FWB? Dating? It's ok to contact him if you want to hook up again.
    Originally Posted by confused0812
    I had my first ever hookup with a guy from Tinder a few nights ago. We watched a movie at his place, hooked up, etc.

I know this isnt on topic, but you went to a strangers house the first time you met him? Werent you concerned for your safety?

No, because we have a mutual friend!

Well a one night stand is just that.

You chose to enter into this. Knowing it is a ONS. It also comes with no contact after.

Get swiping again and find the next one.

I think that's the pattern.

You have to jump in knowing there is no "after". I know friends that have and once they have that mind set they are fine.

Don't take my word as I've never done it before just basing it on friends.

Well it’s not a good or bad sign. At its core one night stand means one and done. He could choose to contact you again for another round or you may choose to, but based on this post I’d say you probably aren’t cut out for this.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by confused0812
    No, because we have a mutual friend!
    So now you're going to get a lecture.

I don't care if you have 52 mutual friends.

You should not go to someone's house the first time you meet them. It's dangerous.

Edit — I should clarify, neither of us explicitly made it clear that this was a one night stand beforehand. I assumed it was because the nature of the “hangout”. What I’m asking is if it’s normal to never contact them again or do they usually resume contact?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice