Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am really at a loss and astounded

You should’ve done it in person, in my opinion. I think it’s petty to email it so she’s being petty and ignoring it.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Jellybean9
    Haha that's exactly what I was going to do before leaving work. Not to be nasty. But I've had the rest of my teams Xmas gifts ready. I'll be in for my exit interview so will do what I will normally do.

It's a good shout. As why stoop to someone else's level and change who you are!

So leave the card :) 5 years is a long time. What is a card at the end of the day.

Good luck :)
    Thank you. I could also say hi to her at Mass and shake her hand and say , peace be with you. :)

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    You should’ve done it in person, in my opinion. I think it’s petty to email it so she’s being petty and ignoring it.
    As I said I don’t want to drag 4 toddlers and infant with me to turn it in. If she can respond to my friend’s email she can respond to mine.

She also told me my hours were cut by 95% for the foreseeable future by TEXT one morning at 6:30 AM so I don’t think she has a moral high ground on propriety.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Well, with my day home I don’t exactly have the time for a face to face social chat.

They also dropped the ball on me twice in one year by screwing me out almost all my hours twice in 9 months . Did they want me to hang around and go bankrupt?
    Right, so like I said, the place is pretty sh$tty, so why are you expecting something different now that you've quit completely? Why astounded? I mean she is acting like business as usual, no? Kind of expected. If you just want confirmation, e-mail or text her to confirm. "Hey boss, please confirm you've received my resignation notice. Thanks much."

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Right, so like I said, the place is pretty sh$tty, so why are you expecting something different now that you've quit completely? Why astounded? I mean she is acting like business as usual, no? Kind of expected. If you just want confirmation, e-mail or text her to confirm. "Hey boss, please confirm you've received my resignation notice. Thanks much."
    I see your point. I guess I am astounded when people act like a t... but I shouldn’t be. But now I know she was only kissing my butt when I was busting it for her.

This is what I got from my other boss:

Hi ....,

I'm sad to hear you'll be leaving! It's been great getting to know you through the Centre.

I think it's a positive thing in one sense that your daycare initiative has taken off! Good for you, you should be proud!

We will connect again before you go, but thanks for messaging me to let me know.

Talk soon, Ok

Did you send it with a receipt notification? If not, send a duplicate in print by mail with a delivery receipt requested or by certified mail.

Give her a chance to process this before reacting. Emails don't require immediate responses.

Head high.

Hi ....,

I'm sad to hear you'll be leaving! It's been great getting to know you through the Centre.

I think it's a positive thing in one sense that your daycare initiative has taken off! Good for you, you should be proud!

We will connect again before you go, but thanks for messaging me to let me know.

Talk soon, Ok
    That was really nice.

Hopefully the other boss will follow through.

I know it's frustrating she got back to your friend and not you.

Let's hope there is a reason for her delay to you.

If not, what catfeeder suggested seems a good way to go.

Hi ....,

Talk soon, Ok
    OK, so your resignation was acknowledged and the e-mail is very nice. Nobody else really needs to respond.

Please try not to take things like that personally. Sometimes work is just work and work relationships/friendships are just that - work. When you quit, people no longer feel like they need to do a thing. It's a lot like relationship NC.

Still, before getting really upset, maybe give things some time. With you and another person quitting and the place being a mess, likely your bosses are quite stressed out themselves. So long as someone in charge acknowledged your resignation, that's all that's needed. You can move on in peace.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice