LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Event with an ex

Event with an ex

I broke the no contact rule with my ex by begging him to which of course he said no and in an week I was invited to a party to my former work place (he still works there).Should i go to this event knowing he will be there especially after i made a fool out of myself by begging him to get back together?
    I donít want him to think I am going there only to see him and that this is a way of stalking him or making him take me back but also I want to enjoy seeing my old colleagues with which I stayed in contact after I left my workplace.

Platinum Member
    No. Do something with colleagues outside of this party. If you go, it will not end well.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    No. Do something with colleagues outside of this party. If you go, it will not end well.
    I second this.

Thank you so much for the advice, the problem is I feel like I will always avoid him and run if i don't go and I also feel ashamed to face him, I don't want to reconcile with this person or to speak with him, do you think it will end badly because he might cause a scene?

Platinum Member
    You are only using this as an excuse to see him.

Do not go! There is no reason for you to go.

Don't go!

It won't end well.

Sit back and think of what you have to gain from this party...

Seeing him after begging and being all vulnerable will make this all worst.

He knows you know he will be there. So he will know you are only going to see him!

Why give him that satisfaction? You begged it didn't work (as it never does). You go to a party, he will feel like "top dog"

Platinum Member
    Don't go. You'll only undo any healing you've managed to have. You don't need more drama in your life.

Eh, going to disagree here. Assuming you are all adults, you can very much go. You don't need to talk to your ex outside of a simple head nod acknowledging his existence if you happen to pass each other by. Go have fun, talk to your old friends. Only caveat is be sure that you will not get emotional seeing him and create drama. Unless this party is tiny, you should have plenty of room to avoid him.

It's actually quite a large party, and I am to shy to create any drama

Platinum Member
    Stop looking for excuses to see him. It will be obvious to him why you are there. If this weren't an issue for you, you would not be on this forum asking this question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice