Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Deeply Confused By The Behaviour Of My Ex Just Before We Broke Up

  1. #1

    Deeply Confused By The Behaviour Of My Ex Just Before We Broke Up

    My ex distanced herself from me one week after she put a photo up of us holding hands as her cover photo. She just completely distanced herself. She acted like she wanted to have sex yet at the same time refused to have sex and while she still had interest and sometimes reacted to my affection, afterwards she tried to withdraw. I am deeply confused as to why my ex did this.

    She refuses to talk to me and ignores me even though we see each other every week and it has been months since the breakup

  2. #2
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    7,579
    Maybe she's been talking to someone else?

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Maybe she's been talking to someone else?
    I know for a fact that she is not in a new relationship

  4. #4
    I have social problems and she kept pointing out whenever I did something which was socially unacceptable. Throughout the relationship I thought she was doing it purely to help me resolve my social issues however it now seems like she did it because she was either unhappy or because she was trying to exert control over me

  5.  

  6. #5
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,520
    Are you on the autistic spectrum, OP?

  7. #6
    Originally Posted by nutbrownhare
    Are you on the autistic spectrum, OP?
    Yes, I have Asperger Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

  8. #7
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,520
    Originally Posted by Imminence
    Yes, I have Asperger Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
    Yes, I can see it would make interactions with others very difficult for you and I'm sorry you're going through this. Nobody on here can say for certain what her feelings and motivations are, but I'm guessing that she was genuinely trying to help when she pointed out things which were socially unacceptable.

    Was there anything which you feel was useful? If so, hold onto that.

    Otherwise, she may just have had a change of heart, may have met someone else, may be embarrassed to talk to you? People in relationships often act in very irrational ways, and all you can do is accept that she's moved on, and do likewise.

    (((HUGS)))

  9. #8
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    7,579
    Originally Posted by Imminence
    I know for a fact that she is not in a new relationship
    I didn't say she was in a new relationship.

    Rather, it could be that she recently met someone and is developing an interest in him. If you have been broken up for months, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

    In any event, if she's not actively trying to reconcile with you, you need to look out for yourself and cut the cord.

  10. #9
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    I didn't say she was in a new relationship.

    Rather, it could be that she recently met someone and is developing an interest in him. If you have been broken up for months, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

    In any event, if she's not actively trying to reconcile with you, you need to look out for yourself and cut the cord.
    What I don't understand though is how she could make her cover photo a photo of us holding hands, act like she wanted sex (responding to my behaviour and acting physical) whilst withdrawing from sex and pulling away all at the same time. That does not make sense

  11. #10
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,520
    Originally Posted by Imminence
    What I don't understand though is how she could make her cover photo a photo of us holding hands, act like she wanted sex (responding to my behaviour and acting physical) whilst withdrawing from sex and pulling away all at the same time. That does not make sense
    It doesn't make sense at all, you're right. Sometimes people just don't, and trying to work it out is just trying to make sense of something senseless. You need to take care of yourself right now, and move on with your life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •