Deeply Confused By The Behaviour Of My Ex Just Before We Broke Up

Imminence

My ex distanced herself from me one week after she put a photo up of us holding hands as her cover photo. She just completely distanced herself. She acted like she wanted to have sex yet at the same time refused to have sex and while she still had interest and sometimes reacted to my affection, afterwards she tried to withdraw. I am deeply confused as to why my ex did this.

She refuses to talk to me and ignores me even though we see each other every week and it has been months since the breakup

I have social problems and she kept pointing out whenever I did something which was socially unacceptable. Throughout the relationship I thought she was doing it purely to help me resolve my social issues however it now seems like she did it because she was either unhappy or because she was trying to exert control over me

Yes, I have Asperger Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Yes, I can see it would make interactions with others very difficult for you and I'm sorry you're going through this. Nobody on here can say for certain what her feelings and motivations are, but I'm guessing that she was genuinely trying to help when she pointed out things which were socially unacceptable.

Was there anything which you feel was useful? If so, hold onto that.

Otherwise, she may just have had a change of heart, may have met someone else, may be embarrassed to talk to you? People in relationships often act in very irrational ways, and all you can do is accept that she's moved on, and do likewise.

(((HUGS)))

I know for a fact that she is not in a new relationship

I didn't say she was in a new relationship.

Rather, it could be that she recently met someone and is developing an interest in him. If you have been broken up for months, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

In any event, if she's not actively trying to reconcile with you, you need to look out for yourself and cut the cord.

I didn't say she was in a new relationship.

Rather, it could be that she recently met someone and is developing an interest in him. If you have been broken up for months, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

In any event, if she's not actively trying to reconcile with you, you need to look out for yourself and cut the cord.

What I don't understand though is how she could make her cover photo a photo of us holding hands, act like she wanted sex (responding to my behaviour and acting physical) whilst withdrawing from sex and pulling away all at the same time. That does not make sense

What I don't understand though is how she could make her cover photo a photo of us holding hands, act like she wanted sex (responding to my behaviour and acting physical) whilst withdrawing from sex and pulling away all at the same time. That does not make sense

It doesn't make sense at all, you're right. Sometimes people just don't, and trying to work it out is just trying to make sense of something senseless. You need to take care of yourself right now, and move on with your life.

at the end of the day, this gal is confused or unsure or just isn’t ready for a relationship or can’t handle it.

at the end of the day, this is her.

at the end of the day, it’s time to move on and stop wasting anymore energy trying to figure her out.

at the end of the day, have you considered this gal is just not one that can be figured out?

you’re wasting energy on this. move on.

Archived