Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should i be embarrassed

I understand why you say that and it’s fair but honestly i care more what you all think and anyone else who isn’t involved because I am genuinely not sure if i actually was psycho or if most people would react the same. i’m not involved in his life or anyone around him and it doesn’t matter to me what they think. it’s more me trying to self reflect because this really has been a mess and got my head completely confused and flustered and idk what’s normal. No one has to convince me to get rid of him from my life believe me this made it much easier.

Originally Posted by marlowe1996
    Thank you, i feel like iím pulled into situations and end up looking like the crazy one so itís nice to hear thatís not how you see it.
    First off, other people are not pulling you into situations, you are pulling yourself into these crazy situation, so own that, it's important.

Second, I think any time a man displays such crazy-making behavior as this turkey, it's perfectly normal to respond with "crazy" yourself.

I've responded with crazy plenty of times, and no I am not psycho I just let him and his crazy-making behavior get the better of me, but I have since learned that once I start feeling that crazy, I abort mission immediately!

Carrying on with him will only drive you further crazy, which is on YOU.

So don't beat yourself up over this, okay? We've all done it, or many of us, including myself, WAY worse than what you did, believe me.

Just take this a lesson learned and don't involve yourself in this type of situation again.

Oh, marlowe! It's good to hear from you again, though I wish it was under better circumstances.

Nothing about this is psycho, in terms of your behavior, your thoughts, your feelings, your actions.

But the situation, at this point? It's just...no.

I remember your other posts fondly. I remember how much compassion you had for him, while keeping a clear eye on your own thoughts and feelings. Inspiring stuff.

But brass tacks: this guy is just bad news. I'm not saying he's a bad person, but he's in a bad news place. Get near crazy, as Katrina said, and we all go a little crazy. That's the only lesson here.

Echoing Katrina: no need to beat yourself up over this. We all flirt with crazy, get twisted up in crazy. It happens.

Platinum Member
    What a jerk. He is messing you around for his ego. He is not a friend.

Block and delete this creep!

Platinum Member
    You have been interacting with this ex for a long time.

Aren't you tired of all of this drama? Or is it of utmost importance to you that you remain in his life in some way, no matter how toxic?

Platinum Member
    Yes. Why do you continue to do this to yourself? This is a lot of drama seeking!

Platinum Member
    I'll tell you, it's other people who make you crazy. And you really should eliminate him from your life. He dropped you for another girl. He might have even been messing around with her while he was dating her. You took him back as a friend when you should have had nothing more to do with him. And now he's gotten you into this crazy situation where you care about him while he's being beaten up by his drunk girlfriend. All the stuff he told you about missing you is garbage. It's all about him, not you. If he wants a friend, tell him to get a dog. You shouldn't waste any time on him and his circus of a life. You need to get rid of him which will allow you to move on with your life. Don't be his double-rebound. Get out there and find a nice guy who isn't crazy.

When you decide to close that final door, this will all become a non issue. Not to sound harsh, but the only person you're fooling is yourself.

Respect yourself...

Platinum Member
    This is a seriously messed-up situation, and the only embarrassing thing you could do is to continue to engage with it/him.

Block, delete, remove - and put it all behind you.

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    I think you should start getting honest with yourself.

You're asking because you don't want this bozo of an ex thinking you're psycho, which means you care more about what he thinks of you than you do of yourself and just moving the hell on, away from this toxic mess.
    This is at the core of your question.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice