LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fave Christmas treats??

Platinum Member
    I just discovered kouign amann. Absolutely delicious.

Pippy, I wish I could share treats with you! I haven't made mince pie since I was a teen- we used to make them for my grandpa. After he was gone, they'd sit there lonely and sad lol.

Rum soaked! That could be dangerous.

I had to look up buck eyes. I think those would go over really well. Anything like that, people seem to love.

Drooling thinking of that ham. I think I would have liked eating at your house!!

Kouign amann.. oh my god, yum!

We're actually hosting a pre-holiday season brunch this coming Sunday (though I'll be making myself a burger and my wife can divorce me if she doesn't like it). I am trying to expand into baking a bit and try a couple things out on some folks this weekend, so hopefully we get some more suggestions rolling in here.

Re: the ham. I actually bought a leg of ham to cure as our sunroom is pretty much perfect for hanging one up during winter. We'll see how it goes and how quick the cops get called when my neighbors see a dangling hunk of flesh.

Nice, you'll have to let me know if you do bake and how it goes!

One of my favorite topics is food so I'm excited to hear about you hanging a ham! I love everything from the growing and origins of food, the stories, trying my hand at home made this and that, and of course cooking and eating. Spain is one of those places I really want to explore and eat my way through.

Platinum Member
    Pippy, I wish I could share treats with you! I haven't made mince pie since I was a teen- we used to make them for my grandpa. After he was gone, they'd sit there lonely and sad lol.
    awww bring back the mince pie for me and grandpa <3 I will stuff my face for the both of us .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice