How to respond to my sort of boyfriend who has doubts?

kjones000000

So me and my friend of 2 years have started to talk to develop into a relationship. I never had a relationship so everything is new to me. My past experiences with guys was just intimate only. We started off that way, but we started to develop feelings. It was a lot of difficulties in the beginning because I had emotional problems like self esteem and not liking myself and not being good and communicating. Now he thinks I like his roommate. Honestly, I do sometimes just talk to his roommate and not him, but it's not because I like him. I really don't know why I do it. I figure it's because I talk to my sort of boyfriend just about everyday and sometimes talking to somebody new can make me forget he's there. There's no doubt that I'm wrong and he has a right to be upset, but I don't have feelings for his roommate. I'm don't socialize with a lot of people because im shy so when I find someone, I tend to talk to them nonstop. There's other stuff, but those are the major things happening now. I don't wanna give up on this, but at the same time I don't wanna b blamed for something I'm not feeling.

sometimes talking to somebody new can make me forget he's there

seriously, you go over to his place, ignore him and just talk to his roommate? Do you even like this guy (as in the one you want to date)?

relationships are about respect. ANd you don't respect him. I think its reasonable for him to think that you like his roommate - because he doesn't exist when the roommate is around.

Well, if you want a relationship, then ask this guy out, just you and him, and go off and talk to him. I'm thinking, though, it may be too late. He may only think of you as a FWB. You've got to ask him if he has any feelings for you. Tell him you have feelings for him and see what his response is. If he doesn't have any feelings for you, then move on. You may need to start off fresh with someone new. Someone you date before you let sleep with you.

Well, if you want a relationship, then ask this guy out, just you and him, and go off and talk to him. I'm thinking, though, it may be too late. He may only think of you as a FWB. You've got to ask him if he has any feelings for you. Tell him you have feelings for him and see what his response is. If he doesn't have any feelings for you, then move on. You may need to start off fresh with someone new. Someone you date before you let sleep with you.

Do you mean the boyfriend or the roommate????

Are you fwb? It sounds like he's insecure and jealous if you talk to his roommate. Why not be polite when you hang out there and interact with your fwb/sort of bf and curb chatting with the roommate so much that you are ignoring this fwb/sort of bf.

It would be a good idea to get involved in some groups, clubs, sports, interests, hobbies etc, so you can practice social skills, have people to talk to and make some friends. This way hopefully you'll stop talking his roommates ears off whenever you hang out with your fwb/sort of bf.

he thinks I like his roommate. I talk to my sort of boyfriend.

Archived