LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents VS Fiancé

Parents VS Fiancé

Hi everyone. So I’ve been with my fiancé for 2 years. We love each other but my parents, especially my dad & sister) don’t seem to like him. My sister is a b*tch to him and I see it, he doesn’t. He is clueless. She’ll say little things or act a certain way around him. There was an incident that happened the other day where my fiancé got mad at my dad because my dad yelled at him and it really upset my fiancé. My fiancé is bipolar/ and has ADHD which my family doesn’t know about (now they do...) so they now think he has a problem and they don’t think I’m “good” with him. So anyway, ever since that incident I feel like my family now hates him and doesn’t think he’s good to me which he is! How would you deal with family interrfering with your relationship? Thanks guys. BTW: when my dad yelled at him It was because we were driving and almost got into an accident and my fiancé was driving so my dad and sister yelled to stop and to pay attention.

Platinum Member
    Does your family also know he's cheated on you? [Register to see the link]

My sister does but my family does not! My sister has acted like this before she knew about the cheating. I also don’t think the cheating is good enough reason to be mean to him since she has been cheated on by her husband twice but idk

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jbabygirl
    My sister does but my family does not! My sister has acted like this before she knew about the cheating
    Based on what you discovered about his cheating and lying....me thinks your sister figured out a long time ago that he was not good news. She was right.

Thank you for responding. But since we have a child I’m trying to give him a second chance. My sister and him have talked about him cheating and she has said she wasn’t mad at him just shocked... but this post was about me asking y’all for advice on how to deal with family/parents not liking your partner because of how they acted when they were upset

Platinum Member
    Whoa! So yesterday everybody told you the relationship was over because of his cheating, and today we find out that he has ADHD, he's bipolar, and your family doesn't like him because he's weird! Oh, and you accepted his proposal even after you found out he cheated on you. I mean, how many people do you need to tell you to bail out of this relationship. You're only going to be hurt badly. I would say to listen to your family, but, hey, you're going to do what you want no matter what we all say.

Oh, and the way to deal with your family is to just stay away from them. If you don't see them, they can't criticize you.

I found out after he proposed to me but yeah we are trying to work this out (our relationship) it’s not easy I don’t want to end us and break our family but I know I know I guess when you care for someone you don’t see what others do

I’ve known about his bipolar stuff since we started dating and I’ve read and researched and have talked with his parents and I’ve learned to know how to handle it but since my family didn’t know about it they saw it as “crazy” or “insane” and they think I’m with a sociopath or something

Originally Posted by Jbabygirl
    I found out after he proposed to me but yeah we are trying to work this out (our relationship) it’s not easy I don’t want to end us and break our family but I know I know I guess when you care for someone you don’t see what others do
    He broke your family by cheating!!!!!

I know I know but I’m not an angel either i won’t lie I’ve done things too just not when I was pregnant. We are trying to fix our relationship

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice