post-therapy suggestions?

eruki

hi people in the internet, i'm back again to ask some suggestions

i ended my therapy session, and decided to go on a break from school for the next 6 months

but as therapy/psychologist doesnt diagnose, i'm thinking about going for psychiatrist too. i;m not too sure actually, i think i just want to make sure i get all kind of help i could get myself on?

what do you guys think about that? time-wise? moneywise? or other opinions are welcome

thank you for stopping by and read my post

You went to a single session? That's not enough.

Unless you show signs of schizophrenia, depression that is not merely situational (ie, your grandpa just died and you are sad), etc, is lifelong and you feel it might be a chemical imbalance, etc, I would give sessions with the psychologist a chance. Sometimes it is not about getting a pill, but making conscious adjustments in our reactions, way of thinking etc

btw there is no "fast track" and quickest method. If you believe you have a serious psychological medical condition that's one thing.

You don't say.

You can go to therapy PLUS see a nutritionist, plus exercise =- a multifaceted approach, etc.

I recommend that you stay in school - take a smaller load, sure, but often people who stop, don't go back. even if you take a class or two to keep moving forward.

unless you require residential treatment, of course - if its something extremely serious.that way if school is stressful for you, you are working through it and learning coping mechanisms.

Being a hurt person doesn't mean you have a medical syndrome

How are you feeling? Are you still overthinking things and crying? How many therapy sessions did you go to? If you didn't get any answers, perhaps you should see a psychiatrist for a diagnosis and perhaps medication. You've talked about how you were sent away to live with your grandmother and that you felt you were the reason for your family's problems. These are deep underlying issues and you really need to know how to address these issues or they will keep coming back. So think about seeing a doctor for some kind of advice of what you can do to be happy.

btw there is no "fast track" and quickest method. If you believe you have a serious psychological medical condition that's one thing.

You don't say.

You can go to therapy PLUS see a nutritionist, plus exercise =- a multifaceted approach, etc.

I recommend that you stay in school - take a smaller load, sure, but often people who stop, don't go back. even if you take a class or two to keep moving forward.

unless you require residential treatment, of course - if its something extremely serious.that way if school is stressful for you, you are working through it and learning coping mechanisms.

Being a hurt person doesn't mean you have a medical syndrome

How are you feeling? Are you still overthinking things and crying? How many therapy sessions did you go to? If you didn't get any answers, perhaps you should see a psychiatrist for a diagnosis and perhaps medication. You've talked about how you were sent away to live with your grandmother and that you felt you were the reason for your family's problems. These are deep underlying issues and you really need to know how to address these issues or they will keep coming back. So think about seeing a doctor for some kind of advice of what you can do to be happy.

I went to a total 12 sessions, and the therapist is the one recommended me to take the school-break for a whole semester. I'm still struggling managing my emotion and internalizing all the discussion we had, and that's what made me think to go to a doctor

Yes. You need a complete physical to be evaluated for metabolic, mood and any other medically treatable issues. You may also need a referral to a different therapist and stick with it for ongoing support. As far as costs, it depends on your country, medical insurance and situation. Can you apply for some sort of state or government aid?

that's what made me think to go to a doctor
Yes. You need a complete physical to be evaluated for metabolic, mood and any other medically treatable issues. You may also need a referral to a different therapist and stick with it for ongoing support. As far as costs, it depends on your country, medical insurance and situation. Can you apply for some sort of state or government aid?

thank you, i applied for government aid and hopefully i can use that for psychiatrist

Please don't completely quit school. Even if you take ONE class. just one. You cannot and should not run away from life - in fact sitting around the house and then just going to therapy sessions can make you worse. I recommend that you get a second opinion and see a different therapist. They will not give you government aid unless they agree that you have a disability (which can take a looong time), you were employed and have become unemployed, etc. Public assistance is not designed for people who just want to "take a break" and not wanting to adult...

Please don't completely quit school. Even if you take ONE class. just one. You cannot and should not run away from life - in fact sitting around the house and then just going to therapy sessions can make you worse. I recommend that you get a second opinion and see a different therapist. They will not give you government aid unless they agree that you have a disability (which can take a looong time), you were employed and have become unemployed, etc. Public assistance is not designed for people who just want to "take a break" and not wanting to adult...

thank you, i will try to look up for other therapist too. and as for the aid, i think i wasnt using the right term (?) in my country it's something more like a subsidized health care that helps to reduce the service cost but not the medication

Archived