Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adopting

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared

Adopting

My husband and I have come to the decision that we will be adopting our great nephew in about 3 years time. My mom and step dad said that is about how long they can hang in to raise him. He will get closer to us more and more as the time gets closer. When he comes to us he might be about 4 years old .

Platinum Member
    He is a lucky kid!!!!

What is the situation with the parents?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    He is a lucky kid!!!!

What is the situation with the parents?
    Thanks.

His parents are teenagers incapable of caring for him and found unfit by CAS.

Platinum Member
    Will they be a part of his life?

Will they be a part of his life?
    Right now they are. His legal guardians are still CAS. In 6 months my mom and step dad will be. At that point we all go to court and I state my intention to take him after my parents canít care for him. Then at some point we need to do a home study and do a 27 hour course. His mom is my niece. She can always see him. I donít know his dad at all . But his dad is only 16 and having another baby with another girl so..

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Right now they are. His legal guardians are still CAS. In 6 months my mom and step dad will be. At that point we all go to court and I state my intention to take him after my parents canít care for him. Then at some point we need to do a home study and do a 27 hour course. His mom is my niece. She can always see him. I donít know his dad at all . But his dad is only 16 and having another baby with another girl so..
    Jesus, he is having another kid. Do you know what his parents think of him fathering to kids at the age of 16?

Jesus, he is having another kid. Do you know what his parents think of him fathering to kids at the age of 16?
    His dad isnít his life and his mom has lost all her kids to CAS at one point or another , moves every 3 months because she canít pay her rent and stole my neiceís identity so she could get cable. She doesnít give a ratís azz.

And he fathered my great nephew when he was 14 so that is even worse.

Platinum Member
    His dad isnít his life and his mom has lost all her kids to CAS at one point or another , moves every 3 months because she canít pay her rent and stole my neiceís identity so she could get cable. She doesnít give a ratís azz.
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Member
    And he fathered my great nephew when he was 14 so that is even worse.
    Is your niece in a better place today? Does she plan to use birth control? Is she in school?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice