Seraphim

My husband and I have come to the decision that we will be adopting our great nephew in about 3 years time. My mom and step dad said that is about how long they can hang in to raise him. He will get closer to us more and more as the time gets closer. When he comes to us he might be about 4 years old .

Will they be a part of his life?

Right now they are. His legal guardians are still CAS. In 6 months my mom and step dad will be. At that point we all go to court and I state my intention to take him after my parents can’t care for him. Then at some point we need to do a home study and do a 27 hour course. His mom is my niece. She can always see him. I don’t know his dad at all . But his dad is only 16 and having another baby with another girl so..

Right now they are. His legal guardians are still CAS. In 6 months my mom and step dad will be. At that point we all go to court and I state my intention to take him after my parents can’t care for him. Then at some point we need to do a home study and do a 27 hour course. His mom is my niece. She can always see him. I don’t know his dad at all . But his dad is only 16 and having another baby with another girl so..

Jesus, he is having another kid. Do you know what his parents think of him fathering to kids at the age of 16?

Jesus, he is having another kid. Do you know what his parents think of him fathering to kids at the age of 16?

His dad isn’t his life and his mom has lost all her kids to CAS at one point or another , moves every 3 months because she can’t pay her rent and stole my neice’s identity so she could get cable. She doesn’t give a rat’s azz.

Is your niece in a better place today? Does she plan to use birth control? Is she in school?

No. She is not in school. Because of a stroke she had as a toddler she can’t learn to read or write. She is 18 as of 2 weeks ago but has the capacity of someone who is most likely 12. She is going on disability. Her mom just lets her do as she pleases because she believes letting kids do what they want is love. My step sister hates rules which is why she ran away from home at 18 and got pregnant with her son 6 months later. ( he is almost the same age as my son and her youngest is 15 months old) My step sister has 6 kids 3 under the age of 5. And 6 kids with 3 different guys.

No. She is not in school. Because of a stroke she had as a toddler she can’t learn to read or write. She is 18 as of 2 weeks ago but has the capacity of someone who is most likely 12. She is going on disability. Her mom just lets her do as she pleases because she believes letting kids do what they want is love. My step sister hates rules which is why she ran away from home at 18 and got pregnant with her son 6 months later. ( he is almost the same age as my son and her youngest is 15 months old) My step sister has 6 kids 3 under the age of 5. And 6 kids with 3 different guys.

I feel for these kids.

As I said the other grandma is a criminal and had her own kids taken away and my step sister is the other grandma and she has 6 kids of her own 3 of whom are under 5.

I was only referring to your side of the family.I couldn't understand why they would go to a great grandparent.

I have no words about the background info (wow). But that’s awesome you’re taking in your great nephew. Congrats!

Thanks. It is daunting for sure. I never expected to raise another child in my 50’s for sure. As I am sure my mom didn’t at 72. But we all want to save him from a life of extremely limited education and welfare future and teenage dad hood which is what he would be doomed to.

You have an amazing heart Seraphim, let me tell you. I wish you all the best in this journey. I'm sure he'll come out a great kid. You and your parents are giving him the chance if a lifetime and saving him from misery. He's really blessed for having you.

You have an amazing heart Seraphim, let me tell you. I wish you all the best in this journey. I'm sure he'll come out a great kid. You and your parents are giving him the chance if a lifetime and saving him from misery. He's really blessed for having you.

Thank you. My husband just had to see him and knew he had to help a kid get out of poverty and going nowhere fast. His mom has literally never been out of the city she was born in and never driven in a car . They live in a poor neighbourhood in a crappy house . And he would be doomed to the same kind of fate. We just couldn’t stomach that .

You've been through so much, but it has prepared you for a very special role on earth. I'm so grateful for people like you.

The child and all involved are very lucky to have you. I hope you will always have the reasources and support needed as an adoptive parent.

Thanks Rainy, it feels like the right thing to do. ❤️

Archived